Lead User Experience Researcher
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The User Research team’s mission is to enable "building the right digital experiences " and "building experiences right" at scale.
As a Lead user researcher, you will work closely with Product owners, Design Leads and Designers to better understand the needs, drivers and success criteria of our diverse internal and external clients. Your insights will have real and immediate impact on business processes, digital product roadmaps and design. You will develop meaningful and relevant research questions, answer those questions with a variety of methods and approaches to deliver concrete, actionable design recommendations.
About the Role:
- Scope, plan and craft discovery and evaluative research activities
- Manage and execute discovery and evaluative research studies
- Analyze, synthesize and report on research studies
- Integrate quantitative thinking into studies in partnership with the quant arm of the research team
- Provide research leadership to Product and Design on value add activities
You want to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, and resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers who support one-another.
- 6 - 10 years of experience in User Research; preferred experience in a large financial services company or another regulated industry OR an agency role servicing such clients
- Masters Degree in a relevant field (Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction HCI, Human Machine Interaction HMI, Anthropology, Sociology, …), or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in qualitative or mixed methods user research for digital products
- Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, and when and how to apply them in the product development process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including to Senior Leadership
- Ability to work and lead independently
About Digital Experience Design
Our growing 200+ Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across 6 global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about us at http://design.jpmorgan.com/