EMEA Securities Valuation - Associate II
Job Type: Full time
CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK – FUND SERVICES EMEA SECURITIES VALUATION – ASSOCIATE – FUND SERVICING ASSOCIATE II
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
Fund Services Operations
J.P. Morgan Fund Services Operations provides services including Fund Accounting, Fund Oversight, Fund Administration, Investment Operations and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. The Edinburgh Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis across multi-site client base. Fund types range from, but are not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs and Life & Pension Funds.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage daily operations for the EMEA Securities Valuation Team. As an Associate, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the daily workflow within the Fund Accounting Securities Valuation team alongside oversight of all aspects of our Asset Pricing Operations teams. The incumbent should possess experience of working in an Asset pricing or NAV Operations team, preferable at a management level, with the ability to work under pressure, meet stringent deadlines & lead strategic initiatives.
Key Responsibilities of the EMEA Securities Valuation Associate:
- Be a primary point of contact for all Asset Pricing activity across our EMEA client base, working as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication with internal & External stakeholders
- Manage Teams workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders to deliver our strategy in line with the Global standard operating model.
- Ensure accurate event capture & processing in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Be audit focused in all BAU activities.
- Comply with the firm's policies & SOPs.
- Identify & escalate all errors/exceptions upon identification.
- Provide support, guidance and training to other team members when required.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiency.
- Exhibit effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Approaches change with a positive attitude
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
- Extensive experience in an Asset Pricing &/or Fund Accounting environment
- Evidence of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage change with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results.