Team Lead of Securities Project Managers - VP
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets, and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
Network Management, CASS & UK Outsourcing is a global function within Digital & Platform Services (DPS) of the CIB. This role resides within Network Management which is responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s network of agent banks and financial market infrastructures (FMIs) ensuring they meet the firm’s requirements for oversight of cash and securities services for principal and client activities. The network of providers includes banks, sub custodians, payment systems, central counterparties, securities depositories, and cheque clearing systems. Network Management has over 200 staff in multiple locations, a commitment to diversity and provides coverage across global markets and to selected clients. While the group resides within the CIB, it supports multiple J.P. Morgan’s lines of business including Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets; Securities Services; Wholesale Payments), Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Bank and Consumer & Community Banking.
Network Management’s Agent Transitions (AT) team is responsibility for managing change projects impacting the agent bank and FMI network. Change projects include transitions and expansions as well as restructures within the network.
The successful applicant will assume responsibility for managing a team of project managers. The team manages the external impact of strategic and mandatory change. Initiatives relate to the securities line of business within the CIB and cover sub-custody relationships.
- Managing a team of experienced project managers delivering agent change initiatives including new market opening, agent transitions and restructure of activity within the network.
- Acting as an escalation to senior management for any issues that might impact the completion of projects
- Governance and oversight of the book of work, support project pipeline based on mandatory, regulatory, and business strategic initiative
- Driving project prioritization within and across CIB lines of business
- Representing the AT team during committees and governance forums and actively participating in preparing required materials
- Coordinating with the Global and Regional Heads to ensure a consistent approach is maintained across Network Management for activities that span the group and driving best practice and innovation initiatives in partnership with stakeholder groups
- Building relationships with Network Managers and Performance Managers to ensure project requirements are delivered on time
- Responsible for ensuring the team maintains a culture for partnership, collaboration and knowledge sharing
Key skills and qualifications required:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Securities Services activity and how sub-custodians are utilized.
- Staff management and leadership experience
- Strategic planning and execution, with a focus on process improvement and data visualization tools e.g., TABLEAU
- Strong project management skills, executing major, multi-disciplinary and multi-national transformation projects
- Understanding of the firm’s legal entity structure and how to effect change related to it
- Knowledge of firm’s Cash & Securities products and familiarity with Payments and Cash Management, as well as Securities Services, Markets, and Prime Finance, including operations knowledge and experience
- Effective time management skills including goal setting, planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring
- Excellent report writer and summarizer of complex issues / solutions
- Ability to focus on details while maintaining a strategic point of view
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables across various stakeholders and communicate priorities to the team.
- Demonstrated relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills across senior stakeholder groups.