Securities Services - Agency Lending Product Development - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $26 trillion of assets under custody and $450 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Agency Lending:
Agency Lending is a product line within Trading Services, which is part of the Custody and Fund Services business within Investor Services, CIB. Agency Lending provides securities lending services to institutional investors such as pension funds, mutual funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies and central banks. Agency Lending lends clients’ securities held in custody at JPMorgan and other custodian banks against a range of collateral in return for a fee. JPMorgan provides all operational services such as trading, settlement, daily mark to markets, portfolio servicing, investment of cash collateral and reporting. JPMorgan provides risk management to assist clients in the management and mitigation of risk associated with lending securities. This is a competitive, dynamic and evolving industry with clients demanding high levels of customization and service, including detailed reporting and performance analytics.
About the Role:
The Agency Lending Product Development Team is responsible for executing Agency Lending product management strategy and developing core product enhancements. The candidate will drive design and delivery of key aspects of strategic Agency Lending product, leverage firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. A successful candidate will perform all of the following tasks:
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on the Agency Lending business.
- Define technology product solutions across the business; create materials/documentation to explain/demonstrate business requirements to technology/operation teams.
- Partner with technology and operations teams for solution execution; assist technology analysts to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into technical solutions, and ensure delivery is on time and on budget.
- Work with user community on testing, and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- Manage new product rollout to both internal end users and/or clients, obtain feedback, and develop appropriate enhancements based on priority.
The successful candidate will work closely with product management, sales, relationship management, client service, client on boarding, and clients to gather requirements and provide detailed analysis in support of proposed solutions.
Candidates qualified for this role should have a significant capital markets or financial industry experience in a product development, technology, or operational role.
- Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
- Must be self driven, fast learner and delivery focused
- Strong verbal and written communicator ; Excellent at making verbal and written presentations
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with product development, business requirement, business analysis and roll out
- Information Technology literate, with good understanding of relevant technologies and development life cycles
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently
- Team player with strong analytical and collaboration skills