JPM Payments - EMEA Head of Global Clearing – Executive Director or Managing Director - Based in London or Frankfurt (m/f/d)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
J.P. Morgan is a market leader in payments and ranked #1 in U.S Dollar Clearing market share. The Global Clearing product suite includes high value payments in U.S. Dollar, Euro, British Pound and major transformation programmes impacting the financial institution space.
The EMEA head of Global Clearing Product is responsible for growing the Global Clearing portfolio in EMEA with local oversight over payment system management, regulatory developments and large projects transforming the industry such as ISO 20022.
- Familiarity of clearing payments systems in the UK / EMEA
- Experience managing payment products
- Experience & gravitas of presenting to clients / industry bodies / regulators
- Familiarity with ISO 20022 and experience in running transformational programs in a plus.
- People Management
- Direct Reports + dotted line reports in PSS & Business Transformation
- The EMEA head of Global Clearing Product will lead the product management team, and have oversight of transformational programs and the product solutions impacting the region. Scope of the job includes product strategy, P&L and client pipeline management, risk management, interface with regulators, participation in industry bodies and executive/client communication.
- Drive Growth of EMEA clearing portfolio
- Full P&L Ownership including delivery of revenue goals, achievement of expense targets, management of cost allocations and introduction of product-specific initiatives to measure/improve product profitability.
- Thought leadership on key trends in payments and staking out a leadership position in the industry.
- Anticipate internal and external factors impacting clearing business and implementing plans to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Interface and dialogue with regulators and industry bodies
- Be the subject matter expert on payments landscape including clearings, industry bodies and payment types
- Oversee the development agenda to ensure seamless implementation of the large programs like ISO 20022
- Leader in the payments industry with strong subject matter expertise and understanding of payments systems and the regulatory environment
- Payment experience and gravitas to represent JPMorgan in Industry committees and forums
- Superior presentation and communication skills – can sell self and ideas
- Deep understanding across the team of Legal and Regulatory requirements for impacted jurisdictions
- Executes with holistic understanding of end-to-end process, product and industry
- Strategic outlook with a desire to improve and enhance existing practices; also, able to act tactically
- Driven and structured individual, balances growth with internal control and quality output
- Team player, capable of building relationships with key business partners
- Confidence and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to drive new business
- Proficient in including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
- Requires travel (25%), primarily EMEA, and USA
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P Morgan Payments consists of the Treasury Services, Global Trade, Merchant Services and Commercial Card businesses. J.P Morgan Payments is one of the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow, trade finance and merchant services solutions. With more than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-government clients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable us to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are located.