CIB Securities Operations – Securities Settlements , Transformation Lead.
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Securities Operations – Securities Settlements , Transformation Lead.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.Department Description
The Digital and Platform Services (D&PS) division of the CIB is an organization of over 30,000 staff providing Technology and Operations support for the CIB’s businesses, and is focused on creating highly scalable, digital platforms that support the needs of our clients. This includes a number of cross-business Operations platforms such as Securities Operations which provides settlement and asset servicing of securities across JP Morgan, primarily providing support to the Markets business, but also supporting Consumer and Community banking and Asset & Wealth Management.
Supporting Securities Operations within the D&PS organization, the Securities Transformation function is focused on large scale change initiatives to address industry, client and business requirements globally as they impact the multiple lines of business supported. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and strategic approach to the way we manage and execute change to support securities processing and the multiple LOB’s globally.The Role
As the lead for Securities Operations Settlements transformation you will provide product design and project structure to the global securities settlement domain, simplifying the way we process and driving product excellence & the transformation of the customer experience. Our organizations culture is critical to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, passionate individuals. A key aspect of the role, will be the continued development of the team and its staff; guiding, empowering and coaching a diverse group for the future. The role will appeal to those looking to further develop their knowledge and skills, whilst driving a business critical agenda and leading a high performing team. Partnership and collaboration are key to ensuring that vision & design are translated into tangible plans and business centric delivery.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Lead the Securities Settlements Transformation team, partnering with Global Head of Broker Dealer Operations and their local settlement teams, technology and LOB business operational partners in the respective Middle Offices
- Definition of a product vision, roadmap and objectives for Markets / Broker Dealer securities settlements
- Drive the transformation agenda,(including Asset Movement Engine build out) across FI & Equity asset classes
- Maintain and refine the governance and processes that identify, quantify progress and delivery risk.
- Manage the operational aspects of large scale system migrations, balancing risk & control considerations with project milestones
- Demonstrate the ability to use qualitative user insights and quantitative data to back up product and roadmap direction.
- Continue to develop and grow a high performing Settlements transformation team
- Highly motivated individual with strong business & technical background and excellent problem solving & communication skills
- Able to demonstrate experience of Equity and Fixed Income Settlements, process re-engineering or transformation roles.
- Strong securities industry knowledge, including market evolution and fintech offerings
- Effective executive management presentation skills and experience, including ability to present to senior Operations, Finance and business leaders
- Ability to understand, evaluate and articulate customer needs and turn requirements into actionable solutions
- Team player who develops strong working relationships with colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Must be able to demonstrate outstanding delivery track record.
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V