Product Owner - Cyber Technology and Controls (CTC), Application Owner Services (AOS)
Job Type: Full time
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Governance Risk and Controls (GRC) Team within Cyber Technology and Controls (CTC) aims to ensure JPMC technology is secure through making it easy for engineers to meet JPMC control objectives. We aim to do this through automation and simplification of control related processes to reduce friction and mitigate risk. At the core of our ecosystem is our patented engine (AOS) which serves as the interface with our development community to direct them to the controls needed to build secure applications and to adopt patterns that can help meet these controls.
The next phase for AOS is to improve the user experience through integration with firmwide product development processes and operating models, support GT strategic initiatives such as cloud migration, accelerate our automation and make is easier for application owners to meet their control requirements by directing them to patterns and components with embedded controls.
As an experienced product owner, you'll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. Working at the intersection of business and technology, you'll interact with colleagues in various lines of businesses to learn about challenges and opportunities, and translate that insight into high-quality solutions aligned with our strategic direction. In addition to working with development teams to create new solutions, you'll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires technological skills – including expertise in everything from data management to functional design – it also hinges on teamwork, organization, and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your colleagues, while promoting the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Clearly identifies stakeholders for the product and the user base;
- Builds relationships with stakeholders and users to gather ideas and feedback to collate into a digestible roadmap. Focuses product increments on business value;
- Works with stakeholders to establish measures of success, such as OKRs;
- Host regular forums with stakeholders and key partners for the product with a clear purpose:
- Discuss and drive consensus towards new features or ideas gathered and collate them into the Roadmap;
- Track progress made towards features being worked on in previous sprint and overall progress towards agreed Roadmap. Insulates the team from distraction, such as new scope, during the current sprint; and
- Share feedback gathered through data driven measurements captured across usage, uptime, incidents and performance;
- Refines high level requirements, including the definition of acceptance criteria, into deliverables to facilitate ideation at depth within the Product Backlog Review;
- Provide periodic updates/conduct roadshows to stakeholders, users and executives on progress towards Product objectives and progress against OKRs.
Skills a Product Owner needs:
- Ability to lead and influence;
- Stakeholder management to build partnerships;
- Very strong decision-making skills;
- Deep business and industry experience;
- Very strong communicator;
- Strategic thinker and visionary;
- Technical empathy: an understanding of the underlying technology components;
- Customer-centric design
Responsibilities to the Team
Ensures that the team is fully aware of what the products are, who the Product Owner is and who the stakeholders are for each product and how it would benefit the group/organization
Motivates and encourages the Team to be product aligned. Gets the Team excited about the product and the features that are being built
Prioritizes the backlog and helps the development team understand the “what” and the “why”. Must be available for backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint review, retrospective
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls and metrics. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.