Control Manager (Credit Ops) - Chase
Job Type: Full time
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Digital Risk & Control Manager
As a Digital Operational Risk & Controls Manager you'll be responsible for leading and building out an enhanced control framework, with a particular focus on Borrow operations, which supports a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment. Additionally, you will ensure the team assists in top down risk analysis, real time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Advise business of risks and be a proactive, independent advisor and thought leader for the assigned business, identifying business risk issues and recommending solutions.
- Review and analyze program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) to support business-related programs and strategies.
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, including control breaks and resolutions, to mitigate risk and minimize financial, regulatory, and reputational exposure while maximizing customer and shareholder value.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues across the firm including: business, technology, product management, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, and technology control functions to ensure risks are properly identified and controls are in place.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong experience of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Able to work autonomously to affect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
- Stakeholder management and networking – interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration, openness and relationship building skills.