WCR EMEA - Corporate DI VP (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Vice President role in the Diversified Industries Corporates Team within Wholesale Credit Risk EMEA covering clients for the Corporate & Investment Bank and Commercial Bank. The role will cover a wide range of Leveraged (both Private Equity-owned and Corporate) and Investment Grade clients in the Automotive, Capital Goods, Aerospace & Defence, Business Services, Airlines and Transportation sectors. The role will benefit from flexible work arrangements, including work-from-home and office rotations.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Working as a team to negotiate and develop recommendations for new transaction approvals across a variety of products including secured and unsecured loans (general corporate purposes or event driven), derivatives, trade and treasury products.
- Leading due diligence and credit analysis to assess the credit worthiness of counterparties and make recommendations as to appropriate structure, risk appetite and grading.
- Negotiating terms for loan documentation (Investment Grade or Leveraged), derivatives and other facilities.
- Commitment to development personally and foster team knowledge. Coaching & training members of the Analyst and Associate community on both technical and professional skills.
- Ongoing credit risk portfolio management including monitoring of credit ratings, sector trends and client performance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Sound credit skills and judgment, with a proactive and flexible approach to coordinating the credit process and identifying risks.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of transaction structures, documentation and banking products sufficient to assist with (and lead when appropriate) the execution of new deals and portfolio workstreams.
- Several years of experience in a comparable environment.
- Experience in Sponsor deal financings or expertise in relevant Industrial sectors is beneficial but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Be able to establish credibility and trust with internal business and risk stakeholders.
- Ability to be a self-starter while being able to work effectively in a team environment.