Global Payments Strategy - Business Analyst - Associate Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative payments, cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services.
About the Team
The Graphite Payments Transformation Team is responsible for Payments Transformation for Treasury Services. Modernising our Payments platforms by rolling out the new GPS payments architecture globally is core to our long-term strategy. GPS is ground breaking and challenging and is one of the most important programmes within the Corporate and Investment Bank at JP Morgan.
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the vastly important Payments landscape at JP Morgan. We want talented people to join an exciting team of professionals who are creating a stronger, safer, cutting-edge world of wholesale payments at JP Morgan.
About the Position
Working within an Agile team structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology and UAT representatives, an Operations Business Analyst will be responsible for defining strategic Business and Operations requirements.
This role involves (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, operational intervention, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Understand client requirements, their usage of the Payments Product and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis and strategic business need.
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine partner business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change.
- Define and document functional and non-functional business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet business objectives.
- Devise a transition process to ensure that Operations, Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective target state models.
- Analyse and elaborate product features and operational, regulatory and compliance, UI, reporting and sanctions screening requirements.
- Develop subject matter expertise in related clearings and payment processes.
- Analyse defects by prioritising and exploring alternative solutions.
Key Skills / Experience
- Sound understanding of Domestic Clearing and Settlement Services (e.g. BACS, SEPA, ACH, etc)
- Sound understanding of Operational Payments Processes and Exceptions Processes
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail in written documentation
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Ability to analyse and map operational process and identify process efficiencies
- Understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using JIRA is an advantage
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated, driven to learn and to achieve targets and deliverables
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Organisational skills and time management