Finance & Business Management Project Team - Cross Functional and Risk Programs - Project Manager - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The CIB F&BM Program Management team is responsible for oversight of multiple projects within the Corporate Investment Bank impacting Finance & Business Management. The Cross-Functional and Risk Pillar of this team specifically manages a number of initiatives that impact the CIB across asset class and Risk function, typically:
Risk Strategic and Regulatory Programs, Strategic and transformational programs, Merger/integration programs, Large regulatory implementation programs.
The work this global group covers is often a mixture of projects related to Risk and/or Financial processes across the broader CIB, typically associated with significant Regulatory and Technology implementations. Some examples of the initiatives that the group is currently covering are: Risk Programs (including LIBOR Program, Inter-Affiliate Services Credit Risk W/S, RACS / PRMS Decommissioning, Stress Exposure Limits (SEL), Environmental Social Governance (ESG) (Including Regulatory changes and Prudential changes in EMEA led by Risk and Finance) EMEA / NA LE Strategy (including Recovery & Resolution and other regulatory commitments), MiFID / G20 Market Reform, Eurobank Program (Including Risk and Finance)
This team is looking for an Associate to join the FRTB IMA Program.
- Interpret regulatory and strategic business requirements together with market risk stakeholders to enable ability to scope business requirements and translate to functional requirements
- Identify and document possible enhancements and solution-based initiatives to market risk frameworks, processes and tools
- Engage with multiple functional teams (e.g. Quantitative Research, Technology, Finance and Policy) to develop and oversee requirements, testing and implementation of Technology requirements
- Manage subcomponents of the IMA project including specific LOB’s / Technology implementations and ensure project plans, milestones, issues & risks are documented and kept up to date
- Good level of understanding on market risk related concepts to assist with presenting weekly status update to PM(s)
- Document improvements to frameworks, processes and tools as well as presenting/assessing solutions for implementation of different business needs
- Develop a strong foundation of various market risk topics across all asset classes to manage delivery of mandatory market risk related changes
- Maintain internal communication channels to continue close engagement with key internal market risk stakeholders
- Minimum of 2 years plus project / program management and finance industry experience
- Experience in managing cross functional (e.g. Risk, Technology, QR) / cross asset class (e.g., Markets, Equities, Comodities) projects, including setting up a new project / program delivery framework within the Risk function.
- Self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment, with excellent multitasking and prioritising skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to quickly understand complex subject matter
- Good working knowledge of and PowerPoint (Pitch-Pro) and MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (PMP, PRINCE2 Agile, Waterfall framework)