VP UX Senior Designer
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Put your UX experience into action by applying a human-centered approach to shaping the future experience for our 250,000+ JP Morgan Chase employees.
We are the Employee Experience Corporate Technology (EECT) UX team focused on transforming the experience for our 250,000+ employees globally. We are looking for a highly creative, passionate, and driven user experience designer to join our team focused on transforming how employees find and receive help. This role is specifically focused on transforming the experience for our support agents who are trusted with helping employees in their time of need.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be responsible for project work, as well as helping shape the direction of our teams. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you’ll shepherd the delivery of research and design activities that bring to life concepts and ideas in a simple and intuitive way. You’ll work directly with product leaders to define key pain points and opportunities that will make a tangible difference for JPMC employees across the globe. You’ll thrive in taking complexities to a simple, actionable level and work in a savvy way as you connect the dots being a trusted partner to cross functional peers.
In addition to primary project work, you'll contribute to design systems and UCD standards that continue to evolve and be adopted across the firm. You’ll hone your communication skills by crafting the delivery of your work in an interactive and collaborative way to our diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Be active in influencing the product vision, roadmap, and requirements with GMs, Heads of Product, and senior Product Owners
- Contribute to the creation of north star visions and visuals that bring to life strategies
- Flex your storytelling and collaboration muscles, working as a part of a collaborative team
- Facilitate workshops with product owners and engineers to establish project scope, explore potential solutions to identified challenges or establish product visions or strategies
- Create, experiment, test, and optimize the products you support so they are tailored to our employees’ needs
- Influence how we approach our work, deliver products, and drive roadmaps
- Actively influence and contribute to our Design System through continuous experimentation and pushing for more seamless and tailored experiences
- Lead the design work aligned with multiple products that influence the day-to-day employee experience
- With your cross-functional team, develop a keen understanding of our users and their needs–whether through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualization
- Mentor more junior designers through feedback and helping them prepare for delivering their work
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer
- You have a track record of driving outcomes. We'll ask for specific examples where you've planned and delivered design direction autonomously.
- You can lead and inspire others. You’ll build consensus with cross-functional peers, key partners, and product leaders to influence better outcomes
- As a senior member of the design team, you inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues. Sharing processes, skills, and experience with others to help upskill the entire team
- You’re a skilled storyteller, who also brings strong facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Robust experience conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Comfortable defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
- You have a strong craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- Proven ability to frame problems, excellent visual design skills, and a deep understanding of product qualitative and quantitative insights and how they influence design decisions
- Confidence in presenting your work and getting others on board with your design direction within your products
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross-functional partners and teams across the organization
- Ability to balance vision with iteration, to make tradeoffs, and get the right user experience to market
- Incredible communication skills in one-on-one settings, group meetings, and writing, with the ability to give and receive feedback and translate technical content to non-technical people
- Ability to apply your design skills in research, interaction design, and visual design to help craft and build new features.
- Strong execution skills and adept in modern design, prototyping and collaboration tools