CIB - Regulatory Change Business Analyst - Associate (pipeline)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The position is within the UK Regulatory Reporting Change team, within Finance and Business Management. The group is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and reporting financial numbers. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls.
Regulatory finance is a high profile area, which culminates in the disclosure of financial information to the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”), Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), Bank of England and the Office of National Statistics. The reporting is split into two areas: Capital Reporting and Financial Reporting.
The UK Regulatory Reporting function is changing rapidly through external mandatory regulatory reporting requirements; greater business engagement internally (including new products and upstream systems change) and development of new reporting applications and tools.
UK Reg Reporting Change is responsible for leading the UK Reg strategic change agenda including optimisation of the operating model and capital usage; system release management and tracking; capital model application/implementation and LE strategy work.
Job Title – Senior Business Analyst
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Senior Business Analyst to join the ’UK Regulatory Reporting Change’ team. A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Documentation and delivery of comprehensive, high quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications for the UK Regulatory platform, including detailed Regulatory Calculations and Reporting Requirements for review and sign off by UK Regulatory Reporting Teams
- Work with the wider UK Regulatory Reporting function to support and address regulation specific queries
- Manage junior BAs and construct milestone plans
- Input into the Operating Model requirements to support the transition to BAU
- Preparing detailed test cases and expected results
- Performance of User Acceptance Testing and implementation plans
- Adherence to a challenging delivery schedule in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Timely escalation of issues to the Project Manager ensuring robust risk mitigation strategies
- Support the wider agenda of the UK Reg Reporting Change team
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and an inquisitive approach to work
- A strong and experienced business analyst who brings the full suite of the business analyst skillset (requirement gathering, documentation, problem solving, data analysis, testing)
- Experience working on regulatory capital projects for the PRA and BoE
- Good knowledge of Regulatory Capital rules
- Experience leading others and driving workstreams
- Understanding of project management and PMO activities
- Experience delivering projects on schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – MS Excel , MS Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experienced with both Banking and Trading book products
- An understanding of key Data Governance and Principals
- UK Regulatory Reporting background, inputting into COREP returns
- Query large datasets using SQL, Python, etc.