Job Type: Full time
CIB EMEA Equity Settlements
The Security Settlements team sits within the Corporate Investment Bank business The team is responsible for monitoring all EMEA trade settlement across 12+ markets supporting the CIB business globally for the Cash, EDG, Prime Services and Securitised Derivative businesses for Equities plus Credit and Rates for Fixed Income.
The successful candidate must ensure the timely settlement of equity transactions across the UK, European and MENA markets across the multiple business streams.
- Securities trade settlement for all EMEA Markets (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- To provide support and information regarding trade queries to the Middle Offices and their trading personnel.
- To liaise with Custodians and external clients as primary contact to resolve settlement issues.
- Some asset servicing and cash management functions
- Settlement of equity trades ( including Priority client focus )
- Escalation and resolution of failing trades
- SBL activity
- Instruction of conversions - both physical and ADRs
- Delivery management, cross depot stock movements - identify and instruct
- Payment processing
- Daily High/Credit Risk reporting.
- Resolution of Cash and Stock breaks working closely with Reconciliations team
- Responsibility for efficiency initiatives
Key Skills Required
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a strong Control and Risk awareness to identify, escalate, control and mitigate
- Self motivated
- Good communication skills
- Proactive team player
- Good time management
- Analytical skills
- Financial services experience with an interest in securities and investments
- Ability to work under pressure due to cut-off times and volumes
- Initiative, root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- Initiative to deal effectively with unfamiliar situations
Experience (nice to have but not essential)
- Experience in dealing with physical issuance/deposit of UK into and out of Crest
- Understanding of UK, European and US markets
- Securities Knowledge, preferably settlements experience
- Technical knowledge of securities transaction processing