JPMorgan EMEA Internal Audit – roles available at all levels
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Audit department provides independent assessments to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of our governance, risk management and internal controls. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement, and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that develops our talent.
Our Internal Audit group is an independent function accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Internal Audit is comprised of more than 1,000 auditors, located in key locations across the globe, and is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the firm's lines of business.
We are currently seeking Audit professionals at all levels to develop and execute the annual audit plan, manage audit engagements, oversee and perform audit testing, and participate in applicable control and governance forums.
Our roles are targeted at top performing individuals with a proven track record of success and with experience working in the financial industry.
- You will lead and participate on audit engagements, from planning to reporting, and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards, while ensuring audits are completed timely and within budget
- Work closely with global Audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues, and report them in a timely manner to Audit management and business stakeholders
- Recognize the confidential nature of Internal Audit communications and access to information; exercise discipline in protecting the confidentiality and security of information in accordance with firm policy
- Partner with stakeholders, business management, other control groups (i.e., risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators, establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment by developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Communicate audit findings to management, and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends
- Effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up to date with evolving industry/regulatory changes impacting the business and participate in appropriate control forums
- Champion a culture of innovation
- Follow the firm’s 'How We Do Business' Principles
- Find ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies.
- Experience working within the financial industry.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- CPA, CIA, and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Experience with internal audit methodology and applying concepts in audit delivery and execution
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; adept at presenting complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build partnerships with senior business and control partners
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a keen interest in learning; effective under pressure.
- Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment