CIB - Client Tax Operations Utility - Tax Market Intelligence Associate - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
The Tax Market Intelligence team are responsible for the assessment of operational impact in respect of regulatory and market change. The team focuses on the implementation of new processes and procedures in addition to providing tax technical support across International Tax Operations. This position would suit a candidate with a tax or accounting background with an understanding of international withholding tax practice and processes. Key transferable skills for the role include an analytical mindset, high attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication ability and change management experience.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Review and approval of all JPMorgan Tax Newsflashes issued to clients.
- Creation of internal communications in support of regulatory/market change activity.
- Provision of tax technical support to all operational teams within International Tax Operations.
- Close collaboration with Custody Tax Product and Corporate Tax in support of regulatory, market and strategic change/projects.
- Maintenance of tax rate static data in the Custody Tax platform.
- Tax rate approval for all new market account openings.
- Proactive operational support to ensure that clients receive a premier service regarding the following:
- Relief at Source
- Retrospective Reclaims
- Tax Regulatory Reporting
- Ongoing review of existing operational tax processes to identify areas for enhancement
- Identify tax risks and implement innovative solutions
Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and articulate team member, who possess good communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and a good eye for detail
- Strong risk awareness
- Business and customer focused
- Proactive work ethic, innovative and self-motivated
- A flexible and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to manage deadlines, prioritise tasks & take ownership of deliverables.
- Proven risk awareness & ability to escalate and manage potential risk.