CIB Operations – Securities Services Operations – CASS & UK Outsourcing – CASS Breaches & Automation
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. Securities Services Operations (SSO) sits within the Corporate & Investment Bank’s (CIB) Digital & Platform Services function. It provides operational support for all securities and derivatives processing, asset servicing, fund administration, settlement and collateral management, reconciliations and billing.
Within SSO, the CASS Governance & Oversight and UK Outsourcing Governance team are responsible for the design, implementation and oversight of the governance frameworks that ensure that the CIB is able to comply with UK client asset rules set by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and outsourcing requirements set by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). The Accountability and Governance team (where the successful candidate will be based) sits within this wider team and operates across both sides of the team structure, i.e. one focusing on UK client asset requirements (CASS) and another on UK outsourcing requirements.
The CASS Governance & Oversight team focuses on the design and implementation of the oversight framework for CASS rules requirements within the CIB, ensuring the CIB’s Client Asset Oversight Officer (CAOO) and relevant Senior Management Functions (SMFs) are able to deliver on their regulatory responsibilities. The role is in the CASS Breaches and Automation team which is responsible for ensuring all potential regulatory breaches are recorded and tracked in line with requirements as well as working on new and innovative ways to automate manual processes. This will include designing and implementing enhanced tracking of all potential breaches allowing the CAOO to interrogate and report to the SMFs and Boards around the competence of the control framework.
The team is based across London and Bournemouth applicants will be considered from both locations.
The successful candidate will:
CASS Breach Management
- Participate in and support CASS potential breach management process. This will include gaining a detailed understanding of each potential CASS breach, producing agendas, action tracking and minuting, liaising with stakeholders across CIB at varying levels of seniority.
- Design and implement an enhanced tracking process for all items identified through the potential breach management process, allowing trend analysis, areas of concern and overall control framework failures to be promptly identified and escalated
- Identify and evaluate emerging CASS risks.
- Assist with the maintenance of team operating procedures and controls, ensuring adherence to relevant policies and standards.
- Assist in engagements with audit, compliance and regulators, including through the production of relevant documentation and adequate recordkeeping.
- Assist with the maintenance of CASS risks on the firm’s risk reporting tool.
Analysis and Insight
- Maintain relevant CASS data to support its use across the CASS Governance & Oversight teams.
- Apply data analysis methods to support insight, decision making and action and contribute to the provision of team reporting.
- Help develop and implement performance metrics and support the reporting and escalation of information associated with those metrics.
- Proactively identify potential risks and interdependencies; and propose improvements, including through playing a critical role in technology enhancements and any associated implementation.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A working understanding of the CASS rules and how they apply to CIB.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritise effectively.
- Experience of working with new datasets and designing useful and effective reporting using those datasets - experience using Alteryx and Tableau would be beneficial (training will be provided).
- Attention to detail with the ability to succinctly communicate requirements / actions
- The ability to work innovatively and deliver consistently to a high standard.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively whilst balancing the needs of multiple stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of the various components of the CIB (e.g. how its various functions and businesses are organised) would be advantageous.
- An ability to identify potential efficiencies and leveraging technology to gain those efficiencies would be advantageous.