AWS Cloud Engineer - VP
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You are looking to join a team that is building next generation solutions on a hybrid cloud, both public and private, platform.
You’ll work with a team of problem solvers with diverse skills and the opportunity to take lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow.
As an AWS Cloud Engineer you'll be working in a technical environment combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
What is involved day to day?
- Design cloud Infrastructure and prod parallel environment that is secure, scalable and highly available on AWS
- Design, build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS Cloud infrastructure defined as a code
- Perform Infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives and ensure all application components meet stringent SLI and SLO goals
- Liaise with various teams to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Peer review application designs
- Create user stories to ensure resiliency and supportability objectives are addressed very early in the SDLC
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
What technical skills are required?
- Hands on experience on Cloud (preferably AWS), Kafka, Elastic Search and Any UI technologies
You will be joining a new team that has been set up to transform and modernize the credit risk applications on Cloud. The team is currently building up frameworks on cloud for dashboard and sandbox and plays extensively with AWS storage layer.