Reconciliation Manager, Associate, Chase UK
Job Type: Full time
We are Chase – part of the JPMorgan Chase family. We are a leading provider of traditional and digital financial services worldwide. We operate like a start-up, embedded within a leading global financial institution. Our vision is to inspire and equip our customers to get more from their money, all from the palm of their hand, with our innovative and seamless mobile banking app, supported by our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team.
This role will require a comprehensive understanding of reconciliations processes within retail banking and of electronic payment/card payment processes. Additionally, we would look for skills and expertise, or strong potential to develop and contribute to data analysis, project management, and training initiatives. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and direction to colleagues as a subject matter expert in reconciliations.
The Treasury Operations team has the responsibility for ensuring that the operations and settlement of business activities is carried out on a daily basis in line with JPMC and line of business policies and procedures. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and information flows of the various systems, the reconciliation and substantiation tools and auditing standards. They should be analytical and have strong communication skills to coordinate the resolution of the transaction posting errors, breaks and reconciling items across various teams in the firm. The team must coordinate and collaborate extensively with finance, product owners, JPMC Ops teams and technology functions to fulfil their responsibilities.
The Treasury Operations team will also manage suspense accounts and clear the transactions in each of the Suspense accounts in line with JPMC accounting policies and standards. The team will discharge this responsibility by liaising with the banking operation teams and obtaining sufficient information on the cases to ensure that appropriate determinations are made.
Necessary payments outside the firm will also be completed by the Treasury Operations Team on a very secure level with the highest standards.
Treasury Operations specialist will be responsible for timely and accurate settlement of JP Morgan’s settlement obligations. This will involve (but not limited to) –
- Daily review of the reconciliations process, analysis of the reconciling items, investigation into the Firm’s books and records to identify the resolution, initiate action to resolve the items and complete necessary documentation and communication of the outcome.
- Daily review of the sub-ledger reconciliations process, analysis of the reconciling items, investigation into the Firm’s books and records to identify the resolution, initiate action to resolve the items, and complete necessary documentation and communication of the outcome.
- Daily review of the settlement files received from the agents against the Firm’s books and records to substantiate the amounts against the agreed calculation mechanics and issue settlement instructions.
- Daily review of the feeds from the line of business to the banking platform for the booking of fees and charges to ensure the accounting is in line with the accounting schema agreed by the business.
- Production of necessary reports on a periodic as well as ad-hoc basis required by the regulatory requirements and for distribution to senior management.
- Daily review and investigation of suspense accounts
- Fulfil payments on a daily basis to 3rd parties, as needed.
- Responding to audit queries from external and internal auditors, providing necessary audit trail and documentation to support the work performed.
- Acting as a point of contact for Finance and Product teams
- Work on building new processes as diverse products are added on an on-going basis.
- Work on creating SMEs within the team to eliminate the risk of key dependencies.
- A detailed knowledge of reconciliations within a retail banking environment
- Strong understanding of electronic/card payment processes
- Knowledge and understanding of banking platforms, reconciliation tools, systems and products
- Able to provide leadership and direction to the team as a subject matter expert in reconciliations
- Additional skills in data analysis, KPI reporting, SQL, Excel, training or project management would be beneficial
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Diverse product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the information, identify the problems, and work towards finding the solutions
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups
- Control focus and mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels
- A relevant degree, accounting, or financial qualification would be beneficial