GTI Software Architecture Governance
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
In GTI Architecture our goal is to accelerate our evolution into a software-based infrastructure and cloud adoption, creating the policies, tools and processes that our development teams can leverage; GTI Architecture delivers innovative, high quality, cost effective, fit-for-purpose infrastructure technology solutions for application partners firm wide. You will work as part of a strong, supportive team to create, review, and apply solutions based on our long-term strategy, while guiding the organization towards a strategic target state.
As an IT professional in the GTI Architecture team, your quest for innovation happens directly at the intersection of technology and business strategy, leading organizational, operational, and technological change, now and in the future.
You’ll lead and drive the efforts of passionate and dedicated architects, design authorities, software and infrastructure engineers and application owners, governing their software and hardware architecture and usage, promoting modern software architecture practices and cloud adoption, ensuring that they’re fiscally and technically sound within reason, and compliant to internal and external policies and regulatory requirements. You will partner within and outside your team to make sure such component level governance are seamlessly integrated with the technology development lifecycle process for products, applications and components. You will own processes or collaborate with process owners to optimize processes and procedures to implement an effective software and hardware governance and to make sure they are appropriately communicated to all stakeholders and users.
At all times you will support and promote the adoption of our technical strategy, collaborating with internal teams and business leaders alike. You’ll be part of the architecture dialogue to innovate, in collaboration with technologists across the global technology community of JPMorgan Chase & Co., as well as in partnership with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role's primary function will be to own software and hardware governance as well as software architecture governance along the cloud journey for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) organization, working as part of the Technology Strategy and Architecture Governance team.
This role is responsible for:
- performing software architecture governance functions including the related architecture governance process discovery, gap analysis and recommendations; supporting the cloud adoption; working with the stakeholders to periodically review, maintain and recertify the Software Architecture Governance processes.
- managing and maintaining software component taxonomy, component to application relations, component list including vendor supplied components and component lifecycle management, and associated data quality.
- developing modern software architecture practices supporting the cloud journey including software architecture patterns and architypes, and promote the associated adoptions.
- managing the federated approval model for hardware and software components, administrating the approvals, as well as performing the roles of software and hardware governance in the firmwide tooling.
- identifying and defining the requirements for process update and automation, supporting technology development lifecycle process and the associated application tollgate and Permit processes.
- providing directions and owning the relationship with the federated approvers and application component owners, as well as software architecture governance counterparts in other lines of business.
- keeping abreast of internal and external control policies and regulatory requirements related to software and hardware governance, prioritizing and incorporating them into existing processes and tooling.
- partnering with colleagues to ensure appropriate software architecture governance documentations and trainings are in place for GTI architects.
- producing regular updates and communicating to key stakeholders,.
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent education backgrounds, or equivalent experience.
- Over 10 years of IT experiences working in complex software and hardware environment.
- A software engineering background with provable experience in software modelling and diagramming techniques including UML, with C4 as an added bonus.
- Experience in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of architecture, design, and business processes.
- Understanding of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Experience in working in collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience in governance and risk management.
- Knowledge of architecture governance frameworks like The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other similar frameworks.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.