GTI Software Architecture Governance
Job Type: Full time
VP, Software Architecture Governance
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
In GTI Architecture our goal is to accelerate our evolution into a software-based infrastructure, creating the policies, tools and processes that our development teams can leverage; GTI Architecture delivers innovative, high quality, cost effective, fit-for-purpose infrastructure technology solutions for application partners firm wide. You will work as part of a strong, supportive team to create, review, and apply solutions based on our long-term strategy, while guiding the organization towards a strategic target state.
As an IT leader in the GTI Architecture team, your quest for innovation happens directly at the intersection of technology and business strategy, leading organizational, operational, and technological change, now and in the future.
You’ll lead and drive the efforts of passionate and dedicated architects, design authorities, software and infrastructure engineers and application owners, governing their software and hardware architecture and usage, ensuring that they’re fiscally and technically sound within reason, and compliant to internal and external policies and regulatory requirements. You will partner within and outside your team to make sure such component level governance are seamlessly integrated with the technology development lifecycle process for products, applications and components.
You will own processes or collaborate with process owners to optimize processes and procedures to implement an effective software and hardware governance and to make sure they are appropriately communicated to all stakeholders and users. This will include partnering with colleagues to create and run appropriate trainings, and keeping abreast of internal and external control policies and regulatory requirements related to software and hardware governance, prioritizing them and incorporating them into existing processes and tools.
At all times you will support and promote the adoption of our technical strategy, collaborating with internal teams and business leaders alike. You’ll be part of the architecture dialogue to innovate, in collaboration with technologists across the global technology community of JPMorgan Chase & Co., as well as in partnership with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role's primary function will be to own software and hardware governance as well as software architecture governance for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) organization, working as part of the Technology Strategy and Architecture Governance team.
This role is responsible for:
- managing the federated approval model for hardware and software components, administrating the approvals, as well as performing the roles of software and hardware governance in the firmwide tooling.
- performing software architecture governance functions including the related architecture governance process discovery, gap analysis and recommendations. Working with the stakeholders to periodically review, maintain and recertify the Software Architecture Governance processes.
- identifying and defining the requirements for process update, streamlining, automating and reporting, as well as representing GTI's requirements for our key architecture governance tooling.
- managing and maintaining software component taxonomy, component to application relations, component list including vendor supplied components and component lifecycle management.
- supporting technology development lifecycle process and the associated application tollgate and Permit to Plan, Build and Operate processes.
- developing software architecture practices including software architecture patterns and architypes, and promote the associated adoptions.
- ensuring data quality of GTI hardware and software components in the engineering and architecture systems of record, SEAL.
- owning the relationship with the federated approvers and application component owners, as well as software architecture governance counterparts in other lines of business.
- providing directions for the federated software architecture governance bodies.
- keeping abreast of internal and external control policies and regulatory requirements related to software and hardware governance, prioritizing and incorporating them into existing processes and tooling.
- partnering with colleagues to ensure appropriate software architecture governance documentations and trainings are in place for GTI architects.
- producing regular updates on all of the above and communicating to key stakeholders, including regular process metrics reporting.
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent education backgrounds, or equivalent experience.
- Over 10 years of IT experiences working in complex software and hardware environment.
- A software engineering background with provable experience in software modelling and diagramming techniques including UML, with C4 as an added bonus.
- Experience in process management and optimization.
- Experience in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of architecture, design, and business processes.
- Understanding of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Experience in working in collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience in governance and risk management.
- Knowledge of architecture governance frameworks like The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) or other similar frameworks.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.