Asset Management – Data Science & Machine Learning Data Scientist Lead – Macroeconomic Insights -Vice President or Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Asset Management
JPMorgan Asset Management provides investment expertise across a broad range of asset classes, from traditional cash management, equity and fixed income investments to real estate and other alternative assets. Benefiting from a long and well-established heritage, JPMorgan Asset Management conducts research and serves clients worldwide, including brokers and financial intermediaries, employee benefit plans, endowment and foundations, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds.
About J.P. Morgan Asset Management Data Science Team
The J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) Data Science Team is part of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management. The JPMAM Data Science team focuses primarily on developing novel AI/ML methods to drive innovative solutions for data-driven investment decision-making, improved client engagement, and operational effectiveness.
This role will work closely with investment and data science professionals across Asset Management to draw macroeconomic insights from JPMorgan Chase’s proprietary datasets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team with the resources and impact of one of world’s largest companies. We are looking for motivated individuals to push the boundaries of what’s possible in Asset Management.
What You Can Expect
To work alongside our top tier professionals, including data scientists, data strategists, and investment professionals, driving product innovation and identifying opportunities to incorporate data analytics and machine learning into J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Your responsibilities may include:
- Conducting macroeconomic research alongside our investment partners
- Guiding the development of predictive data models, and interpreting the models being generated
- Deriving insights from JPMC’s proprietary, alternative and traditional datasets and building out a brand around those insights
- Working closely with portfolio managers, research analysts and technology partners to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions
- Integrating the developed insights, investment signals/factors, etc. into content for internal and external distribution, JPMAM investment processes, and user tools/applications
- Developing subject matter expertise on JPMC’s proprietary datasets
- Leading a team to deliver on the items above with a focus on developing junior talent
- We're looking for problem-solvers with a passion for developing innovative solutions!
- 6+ years’ experience with Python and SQL for machine learning (ML) / analytics
- 3+ years managing technical or analytical teams in a front office function
- Intellectual curiosity and depth of skills to lead ad-hoc analysis and special projects
- Strong written and verbal communication to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas and model outcomes to senior management and portfolio managers
- Collaborative mindset with strong independent research abilities
- Understanding of the application of statistics in financial analysis
- Strong background in econometrics and time series models
- Ability to manipulate and synthesize large data sets
- Creative data visualization skills and ability to generate meaningful insights from data
- Track record of hiring, mentoring and training junior talent
- Prior experience generating macroeconomic insights, e.g., through investment research or portfolio strategy~
- Prior experience working with large transactional datasets
- Experience with Spark or Snowflake
- Experience managing a team within an agile environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience with ESG