Public Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award-winning Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Software Engineers passionate about working with Public Cloud. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our Glasgow Technology Centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan. Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting-edge technologies.
Working in a Public Cloud Engineering team, the role will enable the use of Public Cloud products to application development teams across the entire firm. You’ll work with modern automation tools to enable Infrastructure as Code approaches on Public Cloud platforms. You’ll understand, develop and apply cyber controls on Public Cloud ensuring usage aligns with firm wide cyber policies.
The role will offer a number of growth and learning opportunities in a rapidly evolving and popular set of technologies.
The role involves:
- Software design, development, test and delivery on Public Cloud platforms against firm wide cyber controls and policies
- Developing against best practices in Public Cloud tools and methodologies
- Engineering story analysis and refinement in collaboration with Product Teams and Engineering
- Collaboration with SRE teams to evolve and maintain a Public Cloud platform
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in Terraform and Infrastructure as Code principles using Terraform on Public Cloud (AWS and/or GCP)
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, Java)
- Experience of developing and testing using automation frameworks
- Proficiency in using Automation centric tooling to automate repeatable tasks
- Knowledge in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture