Software Architect – Global Shares
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Software Architect – Global Shares – Senior Associate/Vice President
We are looking for Software Architects to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
What we will offer you/ What you can expect:
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
We are looking for world class Software Architects who are extremely passionate about building top-tier software solutions. This is a hands-on position where you will get to experiment with emerging technologies and build proof of concepts to aid in Architecture and Delivery decision making.
We specialize in the delivery of high-quality web-based, API and mobile applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a high-calibre software development team located in Portugal. We are looking for a Software Architect interested in working on a market leading large scale cloud platform and helping us to advance our technology road map in one of our software development offices.
This is a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with like-minded Architects on designing new solutions for an expanding global platform. You will help define technical direction and strategy, while guiding engineering teams to build innovative, scalable, and robust solutions on a range of customer facing platforms.
What the role will involve:
- Monitor technology evolution and make technology roadmap recommendations.
- Help define and deliver a world class technology roadmap.
- Review and challenge existing architecture/libraries/tooling/etc. with view of making long term improvements.
- Provide inception to aid product and development decisions.
- Build proof of concepts (PoC) solutions to aid decision making.
- Collaborates with product team to produce high level design and time estimates.
- Collaborates with delivery team to ensure designs are fully understood and implemented appropriately.
- Assist Delivery team and review deliverables
- Assist Pre-sales, provide integration support with Partners, and liaise with customers technical teams.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Extremely passionate about building best in class software solutions.
- Experience as a Software Architect designing enterprise applications.
- Strong development skills building systems using proven design patterns.
- Strong OO modelling, design, and implementation skills.
- Experience integrating with RESTful services.
- Estimation and risk escalation knowledge and experience.
- Expert knowledge in statically typed, object orientation programming languages, such as C# and/or Java.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database systems like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience of cloud platforms like Azure or AWS.
- Excellent Communication including written and oral English
- Practical experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Ability to diagnose issues quickly and efficiently.
- Constantly looking for ways to improve quality and maintainability.
- Knowledge of how best to achieve performance optimizations.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of technical architecture is a plus (design the layout of IT systems, data communication and system integration)
- Track record in implementing software solutions using defensive programming techniques.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation.
- Strong understanding of microservices.
Nice to haves/let us support your upskilling:
- Proficient in C# and modern .Net frameworks like .Net Core, Entity Framework.
- Experience implementing API-First software platforms.
- Cloud Native knowledge or experience (container-based solutions, microservices, elastic infrastructure, continuous delivery)
- Experience incorporating the Twelve-Factor App methodology (or equivalent)