CIB Risk Assessment Reporting Lead (VP) Bournemouth or Edinburgh
Job Type: Full time
The CIB Control Management organization is responsible, in partnership with the business, to define and oversee the CIB control environment. With a key emphasis on ensuring the end-to-end control framework supports robust governance and systems that identify, quantify, manage, and monitor risk at the appropriate level and establishes risk management tools and procedures in consultation with the relevant partners.
This is a new and exciting role which the role holder will be responsible for standardizing and streamlining reporting from the Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) tool as well as providing insights into the overall health of the Risk & Control environment within the CIB.
The role will involve regular interaction with senior management across the firmwide controls organization and partners with LOB, Functional & Regional Control Managers, Risk, and Compliance.
- Lead program of work to standardize and streamline CORE reporting across the CIB, working with Governance teams to ensure one best way of reporting for all key forums / committees
- Creation of key principles for all reporting requirements, ensuring that these are fully documented with procedures in pace to produce and drive consistency
- Identify opportunities where unnecessary / duplicative reporting and reconciliations of data is taking place in order to eradicate and move into the standardized model that will be established
- Act as the key control point for all CORE related data leaving the team, ensuring procedures are in place with appropriate checklists to review / validate that reporting has been completed in line with the standardized model
- Collaborate and support the CIB Governance team as required in order to prepare CORE reporting for the various committees (FCC, BCC, Regulatory meetings etc.)
- Provide insights and ad-hoc reporting for senior management as required
- Lead and manage a small team to produce all CORE related reporting, ensuring that all tasks are completed as accurately and efficiently as possible
- Design, implement and maintain an Operational Risk Reporting framework working across the business, CCOR and control partners to maintain effective execution within the framework. Take the lead in monitoring the quality of the execution and apply change where required
- Exploit opportunities to automate and harmonize data sets to provide holistic view of Operational Risk allowing for multi lens reporting
- Self-starter, able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional relationship building and influencing skills with ability to effectively partner across numerous teams to help drive the control agenda
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and decision-making skills. The candidate must be able to identify issues, seek solutions and gain consensus regarding outcome
- Exceptional organizational skills, be able to prioritize demands/tasks based on priority level.
- Experience in Project management delivery
- Strong level of proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, InfoPath, Project, SharePoint), specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Executive Reporting and Data Analytics including use of tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Machine Learning would be advantageous
- Audit, internal control or operational risk experience
- Experience in Operational Risk methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of products and services associated with CIB line of businesses which are utilized by external customers