JPM Payments - Program Director - ED - Based in London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23 trillion of assets under custody and over $400 billion in deposits, the corporate and investment bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Payments
J.P. Morgan Payments – the world’s largest cash management provider – moves, concentrates, and invests our client’s money. Products include payments, collections, investments, and information services that help companies manage working capital and liquidity. The business which operates in more than 40 countries, is the world’s largest USD clearer, processing an average of $3.2 trillion in fund transfers each day. More than 135k corporations, financial institutions, government, and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their cash business to J.P. Morgan.
The role will be focused on managing complex transformation initiatives beginning with the global implementation of ISO 20022 across all seven execution workstreams (Business Requirements, Data Architecture, Technology Delivery, Service & Operations, End-to-End Testing, Business Readiness, and Risk, Controls & Compliance). The candidate will hold responsibility for growing the portfolio of the Clearing Transformation Team including partnering with Onyx, FX, RTP and other Payments Products, and developing a consistent PMO structure and approach for selecting and managing programs within our remit – that will help to drive the Future of Payments. In addition the role will be responsible for ensuring synergies and consistency across Global Clearing for how we approach Transformation and Product Development.
Furthermore the role will act as deputy for the Head of Clearing Transformation and be actively involved in the development of the Global industry Group - bringing together all of the work being done across the regions in promoting and empowering the Payments strategic vision – by actively participating in Industry groups - listening, analyzing and sharing information and be the voice of JP Morgan in the market.
The candidate will partner closely with senior workgroup leads including developing a client strategy for communication and commercialization opportunities, working closely with Sales and Product. As the lead for program Execution on these key initiatives you will have the opportunity to thrive at managing complex programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture and ability to collaborate and synthesize across all program execution workstreams, while also maintaining the ability to drill into the granular details to solve challenging issues when necessary.
- Lead the execution and delivery of ISO 20022 globally including the Program Governance, Market Infrastructure Implementation, stakeholder Management and Planning/Budgeting
- Manage a global high performing diverse team of FTE and FTC
- Monitor program-plan and slippage ensuring delivery of key milestone deliverables
- Provide continuous feedback to Product teams of emerging trends in the market and client needs for product evolution
- Minimum 15 years managing complex Programs and Projects in Financial Services
- Exceptional writing, verbal communication and client facing skills
- Understanding of global and line of business project and program management standards and methods
- Experience leading high-performing global business and technical teams in complex program execution
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders throughout the firm
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication across all levels
- Can partner, influence and thrive in a global matrixed organization – embrace collaboration
- PMP certification a plus
- Payments and or ISO 20022 expertise considered a significant plus