Customer Success & Transformation Cabinet Lead, Cybersecurity & Technology Controls
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
The Transformation Cabinet Lead is:
- The accountable party for the secure, effective, efficient and consistent execution of their Cabinet and delivery teams.
- The interface with technology leadership, executives from the business and application development teams on an on-going basis for business as usual risk activities, reporting and project initiatives.
- The escalation point for members of the Product / Service cabinet team members and a route through to appropriate leadership forums within Global Technology
The Transformation Cabinet Lead's responsibility is to:
- Set a vision for their service portfolio, a strategy for delivery, continuous improvement and a plan for executing and communicating it
- Build and cultivate a culture focused on partnership, collaboration and transparency with the business and technology teams to deliver customer value and improve security posture of the firm.
- Lead the team to drive the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of the firm’s cybersecurity outcomes with a focus on simplification, optimization and automation.
- Drive effective, data driven decision making within the team to focus investments on the priorities for our customers and the Cybersecurity & Technology Control team.
- Enable technology teams find a quick path to value for their customers and supporting their own strategic priorities while operating within our agreed risk appetite.
The Transformation Cabinet Lead has the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrated success in personal leadership, collaboration, influencing, negotiation skills and experience working within fast paced, complex and high performing Digital/Agile/Scaled Agile teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate and present security risk concepts with business and technology partners and executive leadership.
- Exceptional analytical skills including solving and communicating complex problems, data analytics, measurement and reporting needed to drive continuous improvement.
- Significant experience in Security and /or Risk Management and / or Corporate Technology with an aptitude for security products and services.
- Significant experience supporting business and technology teams providing consulting and strategic advisory services on a broad range of security topics.
- Significant subject matter expertise in multiple security domains (e.g., application security, vulnerability reduction, data protection, encryption, logging and monitoring, network security)
- Preferable experience in multiple modern development practices (e.g. microservices, containers, orchestration, continuous integration & delivery pipelines, API first, service delivery & integration)
- Preferable experience working in regulated industries, in particular leveraging technology standards, frameworks, compliance, and industry recognized best practice / standards (e.g. NIST, ISO, PCI, SOC)
- Preferable experience working in a matrix management model across globally diverse, virtual teams to deliver strategic initiatives and commitments, ideally leveraging product and Agile principles.
- Understanding of the external threat landscape, threat actors, adversary tactics & techniques, and industry trends
You’ve got this!