EMEA Risk & Controls - Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
EMEA KYC Client Office is looking for a highly motivated Business Support professional who can operate in a fast moving environment with the ability to handle a dynamic and challenging business agenda. We are looking for a talented individual who is able to immerse themselves into a multi-faceted operations environment and help delivery of our day to day as well as strategic operating agenda.
You will be responsible for supporting the EMEA business support agenda, including identifying and monitoring significant risks and ensuring compliance with operational policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory requirements. The agenda will support the end-to-end WKO organization by providing management with sufficient information to understand and monitor key operational risks and regulatory activities/concerns.
Additionally, an aspect of the role will be to act as a KYC Production associate to act as the subject matter expert for New Customers / New Business / Renewals. Success in this aspect of the role requires the ability to quickly build rapport with our internal customers to ensure the KYC aspect of the Clients onboarding experience is efficient and smooth. Working with the KYC Middle Office teams you will manage expectations on turnaround timeframes and provide appropriate updates on the progress of the onboarding.
You will partner with critical stakeholders including WKO across regions, Policy, GFCC, Technology, and Exam Management to ensure alignment to firm standards.
Across Business Support & WKO Production, our team members are familiar with working in an analytical and dynamic environment and have the ability to evaluate complex documents in order to ensure regulatory requirements are met. You must be able to demonstrate; excellence, diversity, quality, respect and inclusivity and be able to self-motivate as well as work collaboratively within the wider team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of WKO policies, procedures, and operating model as well as systems/platforms used to carry out these activities
- Investigate and analyze emerging issues, perform root cause analysis, and work with WKO teams to define and execute plans to resolve the issue
- Coordinate with regional/global teams to manage execution of remediation items in line with SLA
- Contribute to the creation of a comprehensive inventory of risks and controls and work with stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented
- Act as subject matter expert within the KYC group to provide answers, advice and recommendations to stakeholders based on strong interpretation and application of guidance
- Partner with GFCC, Policy and Procedures on identified policy or process gaps or clarification as needed
- Support implementation and execution of the teams guiding principles including Governance and Reporting, Risk Assessment and Evaluation, Issue Management and Remediation
- Provide key metrics and reports to management which outline progress of the quality framework, frequency and materiality of findings
- Contribute to ad hoc projects with the objective to improve the overall quality of the KYC framework.
- Perform internal control reviews to document processes and validate the effectiveness of key controls in the WKO operational processes
- Advise on and continually reassess key risks and appropriateness of controls to ensure timely identification of significant risks and issues to support an evolving business & regulatory environment
- Build and develop strong partnerships, identify challenges and eliminate roadblocks with all internal partners
- Ensure all information to and from our Clients is accurate, complete and compliant with AML, Local and Corporate Due Diligence requirements
- Coordinate case prioritization, capacity planning, and assignment with our Global KYC Middle Office teams
- Stay up to date of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure impacts are identified for in-progress requests
- Manage personal workload and priorities ensuring timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
- Identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
Qualification & skills include:
- KYC/AML or control experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Resilient interpersonal skills, ability to partner with internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate complex policy and operational concepts to both senior management and junior operational staff
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Aptitude for learning new regulations, processes and technologies
- Ability to be flexible and follow tight deadlines
- Alteryx expertise desirable
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education and a predisposition to intellectual curiosity