Margin & Collateral Manager (Vice-President)/ Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Global Clearing Operations provides clients with a path to trade Cleared products via Exchanges/Central Counterparties. Clearing Operations support Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
- Voted ‘Derivatives Client Clearer of the year 2021’ by Risk Magazine
- Provides clearing at over 60 global Clearing Houses
- The Global Cleared Margin Teams settle over fifty thousand margin amounts a week across multiple currencies and markets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This is a new opportunity designed to create a focused approach to managing both Cleared Margin Projects and the Strategic Architecture of the Cleared Margining product. The successful candidate will work closely with both the global Cleared Margin Client Service team and technology stakeholders with a core desire to improve both the client service offering and control environment.
They will be required to lead projects and undertake initial testing stages, with a view of minimising Client Service team involvement in new implementations. The role will report to a Vice President but will also have frequent opportunities to work closely with the wider team and department Executive Director due to the flexible nature of task involvement and perceived evolution of the role.
This role will be a combination of the following tasks:
Lead projects to improve the Cleared Margin Client Service offering
- Work as conduit between Margin Operations and technology teams
- Undertake system pre-release testing
- Train future users on the new elements being implemented
- Readily available to represent the department on new change/project items
- Cover some operational tasks
- Assist Audit on any Margin related review
- General flexibility to participate in ad-hoc activities
- Drafting build request documents and walking technology teams through desired builds
- Investigating vender offerings
Skills and Qualifications
- Problem solver with the ability to assist in the development of solutions for clients and strategic thinker, able to review and implement process improvements.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required and highly numerate with good keyboard and core system (Outlook, Excel, Word) skills.
- Must possess heightened communication skills, as the role involves detailed interactions across multiple lines of business and core processing areas.
- Confidence to meet with clients & internal parties to deliver feedback on data relating to the client interactions with the team
- Teamwork ethic, as secondary function is to support the activities of the Margin team for the benefit of the client
- Some External Client services experience, or similar experience interacting with senior/demanding internal clients and effective relationship building with a wide variety of stakeholders, for example; Clients, Credit Execs, Technology teams and Business Partners.
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products, Futures and Options, or similar background.