Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
This is a hands-on role in a co-located Agile development team which forms part of a larger global development group. You will be a skilled full-stack developer who is passionate about code quality and can contribute to some of our planned initiatives such as DevOps, BDD, microservices and migration to a Cloud platform.
We value enthusiastic technologists with a drive to build the right software in the right way. You will be joining a team of highly motivated and skilled software engineers who will help you to lay the foundations of a great career at JP Morgan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and successful team where we value our work-life balance and where you will be encouraged to help shape your own role and responsibilities.
- Design, develop, test and support mission critical enterprise applications using sound object oriented analysis and design principles.
- Proactively seek technical improvements and take the initiative to communicate / implement quality solutions
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise
- Participate and represent area in cross-functional groups with senior stakeholders
- Effective team player
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter prepared to work in a fast-paced, business-facing environment.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing mission critical applications using Core Java (1.7 & 1.8) and Java EE
- Hands-on experience working on messaging technologies like JMS and MQ
- Hands-on experience working on Java Frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate
- Hands-on experience working on database technologies like Oracle or Sybase
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and their application in problem solving.
- Prior Experience with industry standard tools like Jenkins, JUnit, Maven and GIT
- Experience of modern software development practices like TDD and Pair Programming
- Detailed understanding of system development lifecycle, infrastructure best practices and risk management concepts.
- Knowledge of business system interactions, infrastructure dependencies.
- Experience of building and enhancing testing frameworks.
- Strong ability to learn and apply new / emerging technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in financial services industry is preferred but not necessary