Technical Product Owner - AI & ML - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an outstanding, Vice President (Technical Product Owner). A highly motivated, self-starter with strong analytical skills and thought leadership is required to drive key strategic Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programs and transformation initiatives designed to enhance business processes for CIB Operations. The Technical Product Owner is responsible for managing all technical aspects of product development and is a subject matter expert who uses their technical background to bridge the gap between the Product and Technical side of product development. They are responsible for gathering business and user requirements, translate them into feature requests and prioritize them for development via the scrum. The role demands superior analytical skills, technical abilities, flexibility to manage multiple deliverables, an ability to recommend, influence and implement change, a confident leader possessing a strength of personality and intellect to gain the respect of demanding business heads and senior partners.
- Take lead of the scrum teams as a Product Owner.
- Contributes to the tactical (3-6 months) product vision and roadmap leveraging technical expertise and product backlog.
- Breaks milestones into feature and story requirements for the scrum team.
- Owns the product backlog and implementation plan incl. feature releases.
- Iterate product and feature requirements based on customer feedback.
- Work with development teams in effort estimation and acceptance criteria
- Communicate competitive landscape and industry standards relevant to a product
- Adjudge and explain what value certain software engineering models and practices bring to current line of work
- Collaborate with other J.P. Morgan AI, machine learning and quantitative teams
- Work closely with ML/AI, technology, product, and business partners across JPMC to maximize sharing of information and best-practices
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
- MS or BS in highly quantitative subjects and at least 8-10 years of product management experience
- Track record of delivering customer-facing AI/ML products (beyond Proof of Concepts/Technology)
- Proven experience developing product vision, strategy and go-to-market strategies for AI/ML products
- Experience estimating value of software features via cost-benefit analysis, prioritising the milestones in a time-fenced manner
- In-depth knowledge of running teams using agile methodologies like Lean, FDD, SAFe, Scrum, etc.
- Strong negotiation, planning and organisational skills with proven experience of recommending implementation strategies to ensure successful delivery of programs and projects
- The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance
- Extensive experience managing teams, in a direct and matrix capacity. Proven ability to develop, coach and drive high performing teams
- Proven experience with the management of decision processes at large organisations, with ability to communicate technical information and ideas at all levels.
- Familiarity with core areas in Operations or business asset classes is preferable
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders