Cloud Transformation Engineer (Hybrid Work)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About our team
The way JPMC delivers cloud technology is evolving. It’s challenging and exciting. We are a pilot entrepreneur team which involves forging the path for Global Technology product teams, automating processes, creating executable specifications and improving the user experience. We have an impressively strong reputation which has earned the trust of our leadership team meaning our team's opinions and suggestions are highly regarded. Our team is first in line when there is a big problem to solve.
The way we work as a team is important to us and we consistently strive to keep improving the way we work. We believe that iterative development, Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, and Specification By Example are integral to producing high quality software and delivering value.
If you join us we will invest in you. You will be working with a highly skilled team who will take the time to teach you everything they know, and will listen to you and expect to learn from you too. Additionally, you will be allocated time each sprint to learn a new skill, or work on an innovative idea to improve a gap you see. JPMC encourages external cloud certifications and allocates time in your week to allow you to pass. "Bored" is not a word you hear our team say.
You love technology and are excited to learn new things. You're used to taking the lead and thinking about the bigger picture, but no task is beneath you in order to ship a feature. You like working collaboratively, within your team and across other teams. You are familiar with multiple programming languages, and can decide which one to use based on the problem you are trying to solve.
- You are an excellent coder with a strong opinions about code quality and testing.
- You make sure you understand the business value of your work and communicate this to the rest of the team
- You take ownership of the whole Software Development Lifecycle, and automate everything from CI/CD to local development environments
- You know how to do Test Driven Development (TDD)
- You are empathetic and listen actively to suggestions from team members
- You are comfortable taking a leadership role and motivating/coaching less experienced team members
- You have experience in, or are prepared to learn:
- Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You have high standards and have high expectations from the people you work with
- You are curious, innovative and enjoy a challenge
- You think about the big picture and how your work will impact our customers
- You can communicate effectively based on the audience
- Strong skills in Java, Kotlin, Go or Python
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- DevOps experience
- Experience working in Financial Services
- AWS Certification