Executive Administrative Assistant - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to support the JP Morgan Asset Management International Head of Investment Platform and teams under this Line of Business. The JPMAM International Head of Investment Platform responsible for the identification of synergies across our investment platforms and optimizing our core investment systems. This includes leveraging the strengths of our investment, technology and data science teams to build cohesive investment and client solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed individual to become a vital “Right Hand” and the face/first point of contact for this Executive’s office and various teams. The ideal individual must be capable of working in a very fast paced environment while multi-tasking and appropriately handling confidential information. It will be imperative for the individual to anticipate the needs of the Executive and proactively take initiative to independently solve problems with little direction and be driven in their attitude towards creating results.
The selected individual will diplomatically and professionally represent the manager at all levels of the corporate hierarchy which includes interacting with various executive level internal and external clients. This candidate must possess superior interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional telephone etiquette and strong business judgment.
The candidate will also provide first class support to the UK based Investment Platform business lines (Product, Equity Trading, Trading Analytics, Data Science, Derivatives, GTAG and BRM) and the Global Trading Business Manager.
- Gatekeeper of all contact with internal employees and external clients. Create strong, working relationships with all stakeholders and display confidence when making independent priority judgment calls and pushing back
- Proactively manage extensive and complex calendars in a fast paced and dynamic environment where changes happen regularly and with short notice, across multiple time zones
- Schedule demanding internal and external meetings; adjust and prioritize last-minute changes including logistics such as conference rooms, events, and catering
- Screen incoming calls/emails/requests and determine the level of priority while using caution in dispensing information
- Potential management of Senior Executive’s inbox
- Respond and follow up on manager’s behalf
- Arrange and maintain extensive travel plans and itineraries for both international and domestic travel
- Reconcile and complete expense reports in line with company policy
- Maintain a poised and professional attitude under pressure with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Offer and provide daily administrative duties to Trading, Data Science, Derivatives, GTAG and BRM (Investment Platform business lines) and the Global Trading Business Manager assisting with travel, room bookings and any other ad hoc administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Extremely well organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and handle constantly changing needs
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity, confidentiality, and trustworthiness
- Make yourself available to your peers to assist with overflow, special projects, and day-to-day tasks
- Resilient, independent, autonomous self-starter, ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities with little supervision
- Confident self-starter with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to be in the office in line with guidance from business, with a willingness to work out of hours if needed
- Willing and able to learn the business and fully understand “how and why” tasks to satisfy business needs
- Strong PC skills (proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, confidence to liaise at all levels with ease and professionalism
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to manage competing priorities i.e., calendar management
- Advanced ability to organize with a flair of having plans A, B and C and being able to deal with the unexpected with ease
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations and proven experience interacting with Senior Management
- Resume must demonstrate at least 8-10 years ideally supporting Managing Director level and are used to working at speed, with gravitas and being commercially aware
- Proven experience of supporting wider teams with no impact of level of service to Executive
- A good sense of humour with enjoyment of working with a large, noisy, friendly team