Market Risk Project Manager - Associate
Job Type: Full time
Risk Projects & Solutions Team partners with executive management across business lines to manage Market, Country, Principal, Wholesale Credit and Model risk.
The Risk Projects and Solutions team is looking to hire a Project Manager/Business Analyst to join the team to drive change for the Market Risk Reporting and Middle Office (Market RRMO) organization through improvements in operational efficiency and effectiveness, technology enhancements and organization structure.
An associate in this role will partner with Market Risk teams and Technology in supporting system changes to applications used by the Market RRMO and the build out of the strategic Market Risk systems. This role will require building operating model capabilities, implementing technical platforms and toolsets and building strong relationships within and outside the Market RRMO organization. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial thinker, team player, results driven and self-managing with strong attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Working with Market RRMO & Technology business partners to develop business requirements for projects impacting and/or benefiting the Market Risk Reporting and Middle Office teams
- Tracking project progress, coordinating and providing RAG Rating/Project Reporting updates to Senior Management in Market Risk teams and Technology
- Manage and run Project Working Groups and other required meetings to help drive projects to successful completion and benefit realization.
- Documenting and understanding current operations processes used by Market RRMO applications, and identify the impact of new change requests on operational processes
- Working with Market RRMO teams to understand business cases behind all change requests and assist in Prioritizing the work with Technology
- Facilitating global operations agreement when conflicting opinions on system changes/priorities, escalating to management where required
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT), ensuring test cases are adequate/up to date, and tracking UAT progress
- Maintaining system BAU enhancement/defect lists, reviewing & revalidating content and priority regularly with operations and businesses partners globally and represent these on the CRI applications working groups
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager and/or Business Analyst, executing projects within the financial services industry. Bachelors degree required; experience in risk, finance and regulatory a plus
- Experience in Agile project management methodologies and ceremonies, including familiarity with the JIRA, detailed project plans, documenting scope and business requirements, detailing issues & problems and drafting business and technical data flows
- Experience in Business Analysis work, illiciting requirements from stakeholders and transforming them into workable items for Technology to develop
- Familiarity with Risk Management and/or Data Management a plus but not essential
- Strong partnership skills; experience working with and influencing senior management to drive strategic decisions through conducting complex analysis, developing concise recommendations and preparing and delivering well designed presentations a plus
- Strong familiarity with project management and analysis software, such as Excel, Access, MS Project, JIRA, Visio, Tableau, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and delivery-focused individual who is able to work independently
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)