Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The ATRS Credit Tech E&A team are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work within the high priority strategic Platform Modernization program. Your mission is to be part of a team of innovators and technologists focused towards creating next-level solutions improving the way the business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help teams raise their game, meeting standards, as well as satisfying both business and non-functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will help set the strategic direction, solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest of embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires teams to follow suit.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Modernization of Athena, the firm's proprietary risk and trade management system for the Credit, Public Finance and ATRS business.
- Play a key role in the Cybersecurity transformation program uplifting applications to comply with strategic security standards.
- Responsible for the execution of strategic data center migration programs in multiple regions.
- Focus on innovative transformation of the firm’s critical business functions to execute successfully on virtualized compute and cloud.
- Support and maintain a large application’s infrastructure across multiple regions and datacenters.
- Enhance monitoring to detect issues earlier, reducing recovery time for production incidents.
- Adopt infrastructure as a service with the migration of application assets to virtual servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study or equivalent relevant experience
- Significant programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python
- Databases - SQL, Oracle, Sybase, KDB
- CI / CD pipelines and tool sets like Jenkins, Groovy, Team City, Bit Bucket
- Monitoring tools like Grafana, Splunk, Datadog, DynaTrace.
- Container and Orchestration software like Docker, Kubernetes.
- RHEL Linux OS experience with hands-on knowledge on unix commands and shell scripting.
- Experience designing, developing, or maintaining production-grade cloud solutions in Cloud ecosystems such as Amazon Web Services.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technology resources, including developers, business analysts, project managers, support teams, ECN vendors and senior management.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure delivery environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and influencing skills
- Structured and logical approach to problem solving, with strong attention to detail
- Must be capable to proactively drive own workload, with minimal management oversight
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience with geographically distributed teams
- Experience with issue tracking in management tools – JIRA
- Strong technical analysis skills
- Hands-on experience with Lean and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of Fixed Income business and applications
- Experience with electronic trading applications