Lead Performance Software Engineering
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Payments Technology is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
We are passionate advocates for delivering software solutions that create real and measurable business value. We value creative innovators who are analytical thinkers with a bias for action that solves problems. We use design thinking and agile processes to ensure that what we build aligns with the market's rapidly evolving expectations. When you join us, you will be part of a global team of inspiring and curious technologists that are dedicated to modern software delivery processes like continuous delivery, operational visibility and automation. In addition to your strong technical expertise, you will be expected to speak up when you see opportunities for improvement as well as engage in active learning to keep your skills fresh.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. The engineer plays a key role in the area of Continuous Integration and Delivery and requires strong passion towards implementing new tools, processes and procedures. They will need to be a strong team player working and understanding the systems, identifying weak points and driving solutions.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses, and companies that we serve. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 15+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 5+ years in performance testing.
- Strong experience with JMeter and Blazemeter along with Java coding.
- Experience with AppDynamics or Dyantrace tools
- Experience in collaborating with developers, business and infrastructure to determine what needs to be tested, why, and creating test strategy, plan and frameworks.
- Experience in defining the workload models and scenarios based on the non-functional requirements.
- Experience in analyzing application under testing to identify stress, failure and contention points, and specifying monitoring needs for testing from a component level through downstream activity.
- Experience working with all facets of high volume Payments (e.g. ACH, Wires) as well as FX payments cross border and domestic. Experience working with global clients
- Capable of executing adaptive tests based upon intermediate findings to help trouble shoot and isolate non-functionality issues
- Understanding and experience in creating and running Chaos testing scenarios
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
- Demonstrated experience in Performance Engineering role - developing test plans, test scenarios, scope, reporting and approach.
- The Performance Engineer (PE) must be able to gain a clear understanding of product architecture, application flows, business requirements, build test models, recommend tuning opportunities and test approach, and identify any risks associated with the changes.
- Measure any impact to response times/interruption, and identify processing ceilings to prepare for increased growth and peak opportunities.
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Knowledgeable in high-volume messaging products (Kafka, Solace, AMPS, Kinesis, etc.)