CIB - Global Payments Strategy Program Lead - Executive Director
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Graphite Payments Transformation Team is responsible for Payments Product Transformation. Our clients rely on our legacy payments platforms to keep their treasury engines running. Modernizing these platforms by rolling out the Graphite architecture globally is core to our long-term strategy. However, to minimize client impact, we need to ensure extreme care and agility as we decommission our current platforms. This role is part of a dedicated team to lead the Platform Migration and Retirement Program, with an initial focus on iPay. GPS is ground breaking, challenging and one of the most important programs within the Corporate and Investment Banking. It’s a fantastic opportunity to influence the Payments landscape we live in. We want talented people to join an exciting team of professionals who are working hard to create a stronger, safer, more flexible world for the future of wholesale payments.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead a team of Business Analysts who are defining the business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet the Business objectives
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, Ops intervention, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Cover functional and non-functional requirements including but not limited to Product features, Operational requirements, Regulatory and Compliance requirements, UI, Customer reporting, Sanctions, Resiliency and Scalability and the requirements must meet current and future Business and market demands
- Ability to understand the Client requirements, their usage of the Product and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis
- Understand the risks and propose mitigation options
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine key business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change
- Document the Business Requirements required to enable development groups to build target state products, processes and technology
- Conduct gaps/differences analysis as required to determine degree of change emergent from business initiatives
- Conduct a thorough transition process to ensure that following the approval of Business Requirements, all functional groups across Operations, Technology, and Service units are clear and informed on what is required for their respective target state models to be determined
- Review and approve target state documentation from functional groups required to conduct process, technical, or service change following the approved Business Requirements – examples being: Technology design document for target state software functionality, Target Operating Model (TOM) documentation, Service Definition, Access Models, or Target On-boarding Process.
- During the performance of business testing and validation, ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios arising. The target of the Business Analyst is to minimise this significantly by conducting a thorough transition to functional development groups during the Business Requirements phase
- Anticipate internal and external factors impacting the global payment strategy and implementing plans to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Conduct walk through and training sessions to update stakeholders and user groups
- Defect analysis, prioritisation and exploring alternative solutions
- Independently leading an initiative working with cross functional teams
- Coaching and mentoring the Associate business analysts and junior resources in the team
Required skills and qualifications:
- Hands on Payments systems requirements definition experience
- Understanding of the Agile model and experience of defining the requirements using demo goals using Given, When, Then format will be a plus
- Understanding of the broader external market and upcoming regulatory changes
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution
- Solid track record of success in supporting large-scale initiatives
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Ability to lead virtual requirements teams across geographies
Proficiency in the following:
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Organisational skills and time management
- Communication skills – able to articulate a business vision or requirement through multiple business functions and at differing management levels
- Presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal
- Meeting/workshop facilitation
- Leadership skills – able to bring multi-functional groups together to work towards a common goal
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets and deliverables
- Project planning skills