Corporate – Compliance – EMEA Payments Compliance – VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan is a leading global financial services firm with operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is an established leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world’s largest, most trusted, and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, AI & ML, as well as form partnerships with rising fintechs to expand our client base and product offerings.
Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centres enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
Our Compliance Function
With a diverse team of Compliance professionals supporting all areas of our business around the globe, the team is working diligently to be innovative and support business stakeholders with thoughtful and unique solutions to the challenges they face
An opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join the London based Compliance Team that covers the EMEA Payments business, within J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank.
About the role
This role involves supporting Compliance oversight of ongoing Payments business processes, provision of day-to-day regulatory compliance guidance to the Payments businesses, and regular monitoring of Payments business activities, to assist in maintaining a control environment that ensures compliance with applicable global regulations across a broad range of activities.
In this role you will:
- Provide a pro-active and re-active day-to-day advisory service in relation to regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures, best practice guidelines and reputational matters which impact the business including coverage of:
- Global Liquidity
- Account Services
- Other Payments business areas as required
- Assess new business proposals (products, services and systems) in light of new and existing regulations, policies, and procedures before, during and after their design and implementation
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders (such as central Compliance teams or Country Compliance Officers, Business Managers and Business Control Officers), to support ongoing business control processes and business governance
- Identify potential concerns and control issues, determine the root cause of issues and ensure stakeholders develop and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor business processes and activities against regulatory and policy requirements
- Participate in special projects as required
- Challenge the status quo by providing critical and analytical thinking and strong decision making capabilities to identify problems, propose creative solutions, and escalate as necessary
- Prior experience in a control function in an Investment Bank, or experience with Payments products (e.g. cash management, payments, liquidity or trade finance products)
- Regulatory and Compliance expertise including knowledge of UK regulation and pan-EEA regulations, including licensing and passporting regimes would be a distinct advantage, but is not a mandatory requirement
- Strong, succinct and clear communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous projects
- Determination, energy and enthusiasm; self starter and strongly motivated to achieve higher standards over time
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proven experience of collaborating globally and across multiple functions ideally in a large financial organisation
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work in a pressurised environment.