Vice President - User Experience Research
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a creative and resourceful User Experience Research Lead with strong design research skills to join our rapidly growing team of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers.
As a User Experience Research Lead, you will develop research strategies that deliver actionable insights using qualitative and quantitative research methods to improve and innovate desktop and mobile user experiences. You will scope and craft research plans, conduct research sessions, and present findings to business stakeholders.
Naturally, we want someone who is a big picture thinker and can provide fresh thought leadership, but we are also looking for an individual who cares about detail and will complement and embody our team culture - caring and empathizing with users, showing kindness, seeing a need or pain point and actively reaching out to help.
If you can explain why you’re that person, we want you!
What is involved in the role?
- Partner with product owners and design leads to understand the user segments and related product/service offerings
- Partner with stakeholders to understand project goals and identify areas where user experience research can provide greater insight and success
- Design and execute research studies that follow research best practices and methodologies
- Ensure all research study results are actionable and contribute directly towards meeting project and business goals
- Present and communicate research results and opportunities to the stakeholder team and larger organization when needed
- Support research team lead in project prioritization and progress reporting
- Support other team researchers as needed to ensure quality and consistency of deliverables and best practice compliance
- Collaborate with research and design leadership to identify new tools and/or process improvements that drive better alignment and compliance with design systems
- Contribute to next gen research group vision, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing new team members
- Coach and mentor junior team members
What skills do you need?
- Experience in planning and executing user research studies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to drive multiple medium complexity initiatives with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to champion user experience research and integrate within the design planning, estimation, and prioritization process
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate design thinking into the product development process
- Clear, concise communication
- Familiarity with banking and finance a plus
Once you have a portfolio or project work that is available for review you can apply to hear more!