Finance and Business Management – Project Manager – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The MDA team resides within the Finance & Business Management function and is a dedicated team focused on enhancing the Front Office Risk Management and Control Framework across all main lines of business in the Corporate and Investment Bank and the team has continued to expand. The team delivers solutions to Control Management issues and finding, designs and develops governance tools required by Front Office Supervisors to aid monitoring of trader behaviour on an intraday basis. The MDA team is expected to simultaneously deliver multiple strategic projects with strong business and regulatory focus including:
- Regulatory Response management programs
- Strategic and transformational programs with front office ownership
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a high profile team focusing on initiatives critical to the Front Office. It offers very high visibility and the chance to build solid relationships, a strong network across a broad range of organizations and a potentially very strong career path. The team is truly global and multi-cultural with presence in London, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires and Bengaluru.
The team is looking for a candidate with strong understanding of risk and controls, attention to detail, organisational skills and presentational skills.
The role will require focus on the delivery of business critical initiatives driven by industry wide changes in regulatory expectations. The consistent and proactive engagement of global leaders from Front Office, Business Management and Compliance is a key requirement. It will also involve close partnership with other functional support groups including Operations, Product Control, Technology, Risk and Audit. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the responsibilities each of these stakeholders possesses in order to be able to influence and drive team deliverables.
Effective communication and negotiation are key skill sets considering extensive engagement with senior stakeholders.
- Project managing a large number of high profile projects with the wide range of stakeholders
- Defining project scope, stakeholders, strategic solution and delivery plan in addition to managing the project lifecycle to deliver large cross-markets projects. Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders across different businesses and functions (e.g. Legal, Finance, Controls, Operations)
- Communication of status updates to stakeholders and senior management through presentations and reports in multiple forums
- Challenge the status quo when assisting with intraday risk event reviews, identify control gaps and offer suggestions for control enhancements
- Develop and further enhance products/tools available to trading desk/business heads (including strategy presentations)
- Coordinate working group meetings; agenda setting, meeting material preparation and assignment/tracking of action items
- Look for opportunities to draft/create, consolidate, maintain, and enhance procedures and framework documentation both for the control’s management organization and for senior cross-department trading oversight forums.
- Be able to understand the wider impact of any given control/procedure/framework documentation requirement.
- Assist with future product strategy by partnering with Technology and Data Science
- Partner with technology to ensure desired business solutions are delivered in a timely manner in addition to remediating ad-hoc application issues
- Analyse large data sets in a concise and customisable way to identify trends and anomalies (e.g. Alteryx workflow and Tableau dashboard)
- Understand intraday trading risk patterns (e.g. key drivers for fluctuations in Risk and P&L) and ensure all trading alerts generated are distributed to the applicable supervisor for review
The candidate will be working in a demanding, fast paced and results-driven role which is continuously evolving. The desired candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Markets businesses, especially cash and derivative products in FX, Rates, Credit and Equity
- Communicate effectively and comfortably with senior management including the heads of trading businesses
- Follow tight deadlines and articulate clear and concise solutions to complex issues – this includes effective problem solving and timely escalation of issues to senior management
- Be highly organized with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple and competing deliverables
- A fantastic attitude and commitment to deliver the best product offering for our clients
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to think logically and strategically
- Ability to use analytical and visualisation software (Tableau, Alteryx, etc.) (not essential)
- Proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, v lookups, macros etc) and MS PowerPoint