Treasury and Chief Investment Control Manager - VP
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Business and Role Description:
Treasury and Chief Investment Office (“T/CIO”) is responsible for firmwide asset and liability management, including:
- Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through a global investment securities portfolio.
- Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities through long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing short term cash deployment activities.
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements.
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange risk.
The role, functionally aligned to Finance and Business Management, is part of the T/CIO EMEA Control Management team which is responsible for maintaining a strong and consistent control environment across the region and supporting the business in the control agenda as first line of defence. There is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
As a Control Manager Vice President, you'll be responsible for leading and building out an enhanced control framework which supports a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment across T/CIO Front Office, Operations and Finance. Additionally, you will ensure the team assists in top down risk analysis, real time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Manage the planning, execution, and quality of control evaluation and conduct qualitative assessments/deep dives on high risk areas
- Manage the governance, monitoring, validation, and closure of issues and related action plans
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency
- Perform ongoing analysis of risk trends through the development and implementation of results-based metrics and stay current with evolving industry and regulatory changes, and analyze impact to business processes and controls
- Execute regional and global T/CIO program deliverables, timelines and milestones (examples include Consecutive leave, Benchmarks, Designated Signing Authority, Conduct Risk and Business Conduct Training)
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships across TCIO business, Corporate Finance, Technology, other cross-LOB control groups as well as key partners (i.e., risk management, compliance, legal, etc.)
- Provide ongoing feedback and training to develop employees and stakeholders on risk concepts and the application to risk and control evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Strong understanding of internal controls, including internal controls over Financial Reporting and transactions life cycle. Markets experience would be preferred
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate Operational Risk in conjunction with business partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)