Product Control Associate Development Stream – Credit Exotics
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The JP Morgan Product Control Associate Development Stream is an exciting new opportunity designed to aid top performers in their professional and personal advancement. The stream is targeted at top performing individuals with a proven track record of success and with experience working in the financial industry.
What does the role offer?
- A seat in Credit Exotics Product Control team, supporting the first in class, pre-eminent trading desk with daily face to face interaction in our Canary Wharf, London HQ.
- Unrivaled exposure to derivatives and securities across asset classes, with a specific focus on Credit instruments.
- Optional CFA qualification sponsorship with five study days per level.
- Monthly coaching sessions with your senior manager.
- Bi-Weekly feedback and support sessions with your direct manager.
- Regular recognition for a job well done.
- Career guidance and the opportunity for promotion in two years if a top performer.
- Access to JP Morgan business resource groups and mentorship programs.
- 27 days annual leave with additional bank holidays and Lieu days.
- A competitive benefit package including optional access to the onsite gym, opportunity for matched pension contributions and access to the employee share scheme.
Why choose a Product Control role at JP Morgan?
- The role is very technical and individuals will become proficient in understanding and analyzing PNL and Risk attribution across a range of Exotic and Structured Credit products.
- No two days are the same with individuals expected to always go above and beyond simply following daily procedures, adding value at every touch point and driving systematic solutions to any repetitive tasks.
- Product Controllers are involved in all aspects of the trade lifecycle and have daily interactions with front office, market risk, valuations, business managers and middle and back office colleagues across the globe.
- Markets commentary is prepared on a daily basis offering exposure to senior management.
- You will give input into new business initiatives and detailed write ups of significant PNL transactions.
- Innovation is a daily part of the role, with individuals pushed to drive improvements and individual projects.
- Regular rotation to cover different trading strategies and traders in order to give exposure to the full desk.
- End to end coverage of the PC cycle. You will be integral in the process starting from understanding T flash numbers through to closing the books and ledger at T+20.
- Top quality technological solutions in place to enhance controls and minimize delays with state of the art systems.
- The opportunity to be part of a vibrant, tight knit team, with regular social occasions.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Experience working in the financial industry.
- A 2:1 BSc from a Russell group university, or better.
- A driven, self-starter.
- Numerically strong.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- A sociable, team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong Excel knowledge.