CIB Project Management: Custody Operations Associate II
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services combines Financing & Custody, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $30 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Role & Responsibilities:
Data is one of the key focus areas in Custody Operations space. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who want to be part of Custody Data Journey. Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct analysis and investigation of operational data issues through trend analysis, root cause analysis and deep dives
- Capturing and documenting ideas, Use Cases, issues related to data quality and management. Work on the use cases to resolve data quality issues
- Liaising with various stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of Uses Cases to streamline Data Quality
- Be accountable for the delivery of allocated strategic initiatives as defined from a local, regional and global perspective
- Proactive communication to ExCo and Senior stakeholders on Projects and cover Key MIS indicators
- Focus on metrics that can be produced on an ongoing basis to validate the value being added and to drive continuous improvement
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and exposure to tools such as OWL DQ (Collibra DQ) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau, UI Path and other AI/ML tools is beneficial.
- Knowledge of SQL is preferred, and other coding languages is beneficial.
- Knowledge/Experience in Asset Servicing, Trades and Cash space is beneficial.
- Ability to analyze data, processes to identify issues, use cases where OWL and other tools can be leveraged to solve problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and independently find solutions.
- Previous relevant industry experience in working on AI/ML projects.
- Experience in projects/delivery is beneficial.
- Good oral and written communication, presentation skills and stakeholder management.
- Relevant knowledge and experience will be considered in conjunction with related business degree, or industry recognized training
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, specifically around data analysis and management.
- Continuously displays strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Independently motivated and able to deliver with minimal supervision, while working effectively in a team setting.