TCIO EMEA Controller – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Global Treasury is responsible for the Funding and Liquidity risk management of the organisation worldwide. The EMEA team is centrally managed from London and provides Funding and Liquidity for all UK and Continental Europe entities (Bank and Non Bank). The EMEA Treasury framework is rapidly evolving following ongoing market events and regulatory reform.
The Treasury business has many day to day interactions with LOB's and other corporate groups to provide a clear and detailed understanding of Treasury requirements around liquidity and funding risk on any new initiatives.
This is an opportunity to join the Treasury Controller's team in TCIO Finance. The team is responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the financial statements and regulatory returns and adherence to regulatory and financial / accounting standards.
- Monitoring and investigation of breaks arising from daily reconciliations of Risk Management Systems and the General Ledger
- Month end Ledger close
- Revenue and Balance Sheet Analytics
- Quarter end regulatory submissions
- Transfer Pricing Analytics - Effectiveness of FTP (Funds Transfer Pricing) Process
- Input into adhoc Financial Reporting
- Involvement in projects, system migration, new funding flows
Accounting Knowledge of the following products used by Treasury is an advantage:
- Money Markets Taking and Placings
- FX Swaps
- Repos and Reverse Repos
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Excellent analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organisation and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and ability to manage your own work.
Experience / Education Required:
Educated to degree level / Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
Good technical skills in software such as MS Excel.