Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
Global Banking Platform – Senior Site Reliability Engineer
As a member of our team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of skills, including:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in SRE/DevOps and Infrastructure Management
- Minimum 2 years of working experience on Kubernetes and Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Exposure to Software Development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, Spring Boot and REST standards
- Hands-on infrastructure experience in Unix/Linux, Distributed and Parallel systems, Networking, Security Software development
- Advanced understanding of Source Code branching with Bit Bucket, CI/CD Release Pipeline with Jenkins & Development tool
- Good knowledge on Kafka or messaging products
- Understanding of Postgres and / CockroachDB.
- Infrastructure as Code tools experience – Terraform
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
Having the following skills would be an advantage:
- Hashicorp Vault.
- Istio (or other service mesh).
- logging infrastructure (ElasticSearch, Kibana, fluentd, logstash, fluentbit, etc).
- monitoring and alerting infrastructure (prometheus, grafana).