CIB Product Development VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Working as Product Owner you will shape vision for delivery of Data Exploration, Data Profiling and Business Intelligence solutions and work with business partners and technology teams to refine and prioritise requirements for delivery of MIS reporting, data analytics dashboards and data access.
The Regulatory Risk & Controls team is responsible for the global end-to-end control environment for CIB and has a number of disciplines within the department.
A key area of focus and risk for the organization is managing, delivering and controlling the significant amount of regulatory change that is taking place across the industry globally. We are responsible for ensuring that JP Morgan have a best in class Regulatory Reporting infrastructure comprising controls, governance and reporting within Operations.
As a member of the Strategic Projects Team you will be working on a multi year programme of work to de-risk JP Morgan’s regulatory reporting infrastructure through the build out of best in class Technology solution “xODS/ GRACE” in addition to the definition and implementation of business processes and control models.
The scope of the programme covers all countries in which JP Morgan does business and as such you will be joining a truly global team.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Working across organisation to define and deliver Data and Requirement Management capabilities identifying and tracking supporting tasks, publishing key project metrics, ensuring full transparency of risks and issues for timely escalation and resolution
- Defining, reviewing and elaborating business requirements for development of strategic software solution
- Management of supporting tactical remediation and process improvement exercises
- Collaboration with Information Architecture and Data Engineering teams to increase transparency, reuse and reduce complexity
- Close partnership with key stakeholders groups to review and refine requirements secure engagement throughout project lifecycle and achieve maximum business value
- Ensure all deliveries meets our strategic guiding principles
- Provide functional management and direction to our Technology partners
Requirements for this role:
- Strong data skills - data modelling, data profiling, data analysis
- Have an understanding of Regulatory Reporting environment
- Financial services domain experience
- Good knowledge of Business Intelligence solutions
- Have core business analysis skills developed through previous experience in this field of work
- Excellent communication skills, being able to explain complex subjects in a simple manner
- Be able to build strong working relationships in a time-pressured environment
- Ability to approach complex problems in a structured way, driving through solutions across multiple business and technology teams
- Be comfortable working with ambiguity and using your negotiating and influencing skills to drive delivery across a variety of teams and at all management levels
- Have a background in project management, demonstrating how you operate effectively to overcome issues and deliver to deadlines
- Be a team player, comfortable operating across