Senior Agility Coach, Executive Director
Job Type: Full time
Senior Agility Coach - Executive Director
The Digital Innovation team is bringing clients into the future by making the best and boldest ideas in finance a reality. We are looking for a passionate leader to execute on this mission, joining one of the most exciting, creative and high growth areas of JPM’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB).
Digital Innovation’s focus includes Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), Distributed ledger technology (DLT), Platforms, Operations and several other key areas. We invest in ideas and companies that will generate returns, cost savings or control impact ~3yrs forward for Investment Banking, Markets, Securities Services and Payments.
The successful candidate will join the AreaX Business Agility team within Digital Innovation, and be a key partner to the Strategic Investment team at JPM. This individual’s peers in Digital Innovation will include professionals in Engineering, UI/UX, Product Management, ML/AI, Data Science, Ideation/Communication.
What we do:
The mission of AreaX Business Agility is to deliver coaching to product owners and their teams across the CIB. We help them resolve pain points in how change is delivered by guiding their transformation of people, processes, and methods.
We help teams adopt creative approaches to problem solving through formal techniques such as systems thinking, business architecture, prototyping and Scrum
Our culture is collaborative, collegial, creative, tenacious, and we operate with a sense of urgency and hustle. Candidates should come with an understanding of the opportunities and constraints of working in a highly regulated industry. Please only apply if you are ready to hear no and persist anyway, or let your idea go. Please also know you will be joining a team that values both work-life balance and exceptional ability to execute.
What you will bring:
You will bring the curiosity and passion to solve complex problems. If you are excited to make a difference and want to transform how teams collaborate, we'd love to speak with you.
As a Business Agility Coach, you will be a trusted advisor to senior product owners, challenging ways of thinking and pushing the boundaries of what is possible in order to provide clients with creative solutions that support them in a rapidly evolving landscape. A finance background is not a must-have.
In this role, you will:
- Build strong relationships with product owners, establishing trust and mutual respect
- Bring systems thinking to any problem and, as a result, bring clarity to where confusion previously existed
- Assist in breaking down organisational barriers by collaborating with leaders of functional silos
- Support the development of a vision, strategy and business architecture that facilitates a common understanding
- Work with cross-functional groups to design operating models
- Understand cultural inhibitors and advise on how to address them
- Be the catalyst for innovative solution designs in collaboration with the business
- Introduce agile practices to foster greater transparency and accelerate the delivery of value
- Coach teams in how to measure the complete health of their product
- Keep stakeholders and senior managers informed on delivery progress, blockers, and decision points to drive debate.
- Ability to manage teams, coach and develop individuals
- Apply agile and lean methodologies to improve delivery within cross-functional teams
- Experience of systems thinking to understand and analyse complex business processes
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, detail-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of end-to-end software product delivery
- Experience creating and using a strategic roadmap
- You have the ability to navigate a matrixed organization and the ability to influence peers by articulating the product offering and value to business partners
- Strong grasp of user-centred design and business architecture methodologies
- You are intellectually curious, see things differently, and challenge the status quo; you are not afraid to ask questions