Asset Reference Data Services – Business Analyst - Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses, and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services
J.P. Morgan Securities Services - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. The CFS business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS)
ARDS was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity, and reliability of the firm's critical data covering the Instrument and Pricing domains and sits within Securities Services. The organization's objectives are to deliver business impact through fit-for-purpose data, improve data capabilities across multiple lines of businesses (LOBs), implement data controls, and deliver reference data. ARDS establishes expectations that drive consistent data governance practices, develops technologies and processes to support data governance capabilities, partners with LOBs to embed data governance best practices and capabilities, and ensures sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the ability to manage data.
Within ARDS the Instrument and Pricing Reference Data Operations teams provide high quality Reference Data to its subscribers from major external market providers under a single operating model. Asset prices and instrument attributes are sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via J.P. Morgan’s strategic Reference Data architecture and is used for trading, risk management, fund valuation, settlement and regulatory reporting.
Our mission is to improve the quality of reference data used across the organization and provide compliance operational support across the firm’s global businesses and functions. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Description of Role, Functions and Activities
The Instrument Reference data change team is responsible for managing programs and projects spanning multiple lines of business to improve the sourcing, mastering, and distribution of data for the primary instrument system of record (GIM). These programs require technology development from both utility and subscriber(s).
The team is currently seeking a Project Manager-cum-Business Analyst with instrument subject matter expertise to work closely with all our business stakeholders and technology and Instrument Operations team to help define and drive the Instrument change and adoptions agenda.
Generally, the candidate must be a strong collaborator and change agent who can influence stakeholders to consider innovative solutions and provide analysis to support the decision making process. The candidate must be results oriented and able to clearly articulate any issues impeding progress along with proposed resolution and recommendations. Data analysis, requirements gathering, and operating model development skills are essential.
The ideal applicant will have proven partnership experience across line of business, technology, operations and change teams, and across global locations.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Data analysis to understand and explain differences to various stakeholders during requirements gathering and execution phases
- Assist with overseeing the end-to-end delivery of business requirements, by project managing the following functions: requirements gathering, analysis, specification and testing in an Agile Development framework
- Build and maintain relationship with business and operational stakeholders
- Engage with project stakeholders across functional business areas
- Partner with Technology and Operations to ensure that requirements are gathered, understood and translated into meaningful technical delivery
- Help maintain a backlog of requests and facilitate prioritization to ensure resources are directed to meet the top priority requirements
- Ensure that all stakeholder requirements are incorporated into the redesign of the Operating Model required to support the changes in technical infrastructure
- Provide frequent, clear & structured updates for stakeholders and Instrument Change management team
- Identify, address and resolve risks and issues impacting milestones and deliverables
- Help define process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree and significant experience in data management and data quality AI/ML tools
- Basic understanding of Instrument Reference data –Experience in F&O, Fixed Income , Equity, Index Reference data domain will be a major plus.
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with changing and multiple priorities
- Business Analysis skills coupled with basic SQL skills would be an advantage
- Ability to analyze large data sets to identify trends including querying large databases utilizing SQL related tools
- Familiarity with data concepts and logical data modelling
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- Track record of execution against set milestones
- Understanding of end-to-end reference data flows
- A commitment to delivering change and problem solving
- Ambition to succeed and continue to grow in a change management role
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience in Agile based programs