Climate Risk - Macroeconomic modelling - Associate / VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The Climate Risk team at JPMorgan is developing a new strategic data platform to host climate risk data and analytics going forward. We are building a team to help drive this initiative forward. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team and shape the direction of climate risk data at the firm.
The Climate Risk Data team is responsible for delivering on all aspects of data management. This includes working closely with a wide range of stakeholders such as business, vendor organizations, technology, data science, data consumers, governance and controls. The Climate Data team will plan data requirements and set up capabilities for appropriate data validation, monitoring, access control, reporting, and data quality control.
The Climate Risk Data team will be expected to ensure delivery of comprehensive data for user consumption, including for climate risk modelling and analytics, maintain data dictionaries and lineage, improve data quality and consistency, and support governance requirements.
A very strong track record of ownership and accountability will be key to the success of this role. The candidate should be able to demonstrate participating in a large-scale initiative with high impact. More specifically, the candidate should demonstrate having deployed relationship building skills, with a superior ability for execution; worked effectively within an agile environment; earned credibility by leading and persuading others, while positively influencing the outcome of team efforts.
joining the team you will:
- Help develop an in-house analytical and model-driven approach on climate risk scenarios for JPMorgan with an emphasis on macro-economics
- Develop internal climate risk (macro-)scenarios and expand scenario variables to meet internal stakeholders’ downstream models requirements
- Customize existing climate risk scenarios to help build and evolve the internal climate risk scenario framework
- Interrogate, assess and choose appropriate models from external parties, including vendors
- Coordinate with central data and modelling teams to source required data, develop climate scenario models, and determine how to best integrate climate risk data into BAU risk models
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Few years of experience in general equilibrium modelling or similar macro-economic modelling techniques
- Familiarity with conventional climate scenario modelling and tools, including Integrated Assessment Models (IAMs), Simulation Models and Probabilistic Models is desirable
- Strong academic background in (macro-)economics
- Excellent analytical skills and comfortable working large datasets; expertise in time series econometrics is required
- Knowledge of climate-related risks and the transmission channels within an economy
- Familiarity with transition scenarios, e.g. NGFS, IEA, etc.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence
- Ability to work effectively and gain credibility and respect of others. Lead and persuade others while positively influencing the outcome of team efforts
- Highly effective in narrating the analytical output to stakeholders, with an ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly (both written and verbally)
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Proficient with coding in various languages; Python/R experience a plus