Senior JAVA Developer- AWS
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Medical authorities agree that being vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself, loved ones, colleagues and communities from COVID-19. To protect the health and safety of our employees, and for workforce planning purposes in line with the Ministry of Manpower’s guidance, only vaccinated employees are able to enter our offices. In light of this, in order for the successful candidate to be able to enter the office, they must be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the Singapore Ministry of Health at the time of commencing employment) or be certified by a medical practitioner as being medically ineligible to be fully vaccinated.
We are hiring a Lead Java software developer as part of a global team for a Greenfield development project in the JP Morgan Payments platform space.
In this role you will be working with state of the art technologies to design and develop a cloud based platform for external and internal development teams to integrate efficiently with the Payments API Ecosystem.
- Design and develop scalable, well thought and defect free solutions.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies - standups, retrospective, sprint planning and backlog refinement.
- Write enterprise grade code with production stability and resiliency in mind.
- Develop deep technical understanding of all the interfaces and communication protocol in the platform.
- Build and maintain automated monitoring tools.
- Create detailed features, stories and keeping the documentation up-to-date
- Manage hygiene of the application (code smells, vulnerabilities, code coverage).
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the project and product teams.
Experience and Skills Required
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, or applicable industry experience.
- Extensive Java development expertise.
- Hands-on with Relational Databases, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Junit, Mockito, JPA
- Experience working on large enterprise applications with microservice based architecture. Cloud knowledge and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of architecture and design of enterprise systems.
- Mentoring and leadership of a team of developers.
- Past understanding of working in and managing production environment is preferred.
- Should be Detail-oriented, strong analytical and good communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams across the globe.
- Pro-actively participate in designing/solutioning of the feature/platform
- Knowledge of software development life cycle in agile methodology