Senior Associate Event Manager - J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The job demands interaction with colleagues on the EMEA regional event team, Global event team, marketing, PB EMEA market managers, bankers and product partners. The event team’s goals are to help PB EMEA markets increase client business/deepen existing client relationships, create and drive efficiencies for all internal partners and maintain J.P. Morgan brand standard in all events. The role can at times be a highly pressurised position, demanding accuracy, long hours at times and regional travel.
- Understand target audiences and assist teams to develop as event strategy that supports business goals
- Collaborate with senior event managers and global marketing teams to assist on idea generation, overall event management and data analysis
- Maintain event calendar and attendee tracking information as needed
- Solely responsible for end to end event management of varied events across the region including, roadshows, internal meetings and sponsored conferences
- Responsible for the creation, production and delivery of digital client calls featuring one or multiple speakers.
- Aggressively manage event budgets
- Sourcing and negotiating with venues, suppliers, and ordering gifts and merchandise for events
- Research venues and suppliers maintaining and updating the database of vendors/venues per country that fall within the Private Bank standard
- Liaise with other J.P. Morgan lines of business in order to leverage and consolidate ideas, hospitality requests, shared resources and cross sell event opportunities
- Management of lists and status reports for client events and global programs (nomination lists, attendee lists and rooming lists). Working with partners in compliance & data privacy to appropriately manage sensitive client data
- Participate in weekly team meetings, drive operational efficiencies and contribute with new ideas
- Event administrative responsibilities (production of invitations, nametags, place and table seating cards, menu cards as well as collation of marketing collateral for the events)
- On site support at events with travel across the EMEA region
- A minimum of three years prior experience in event management related activities; ideally in the corporate financial sector
- Must think strategically and creatively; identifies problems and offer creative solutions
- Must be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Prior experience in event execution and budget management
- Excellent knowledge and management of data (Excel spreadsheets)
- Prior experience of delivering digital events from conception to delivery. A good knowledge of platform providers, services and process is required as calls can have multiple requirements including recording and replay requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability prioritise workloads to meet internal and external client demands
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills – a keen eye for grammar essential.
- Confident manager able to demonstrate utmost discretion and professionalism at all times
- A strong team player who is committed and enthusiastic in approach and has a flexible attitude towards working hours and travel
- Proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Understanding that the role can be demanding and at times stressful requiring long hours to meet deadlines and overseas travel.